I can't get the Java installer to work on Windows 10. Any suggestions?

G

Hello, I've tried installing Java on my Windows 10 laptop, but it just doesn't work. I've tried switching the compatibility mode to Windows 8 and Windows 7, disabling my antivirus, using the JDK install package instead of just the runtime and I've even tried booting into safe mode.

None of those things worked. When I run the installer, the process shows up in the task manager for a couple of seconds and disappears. No window or anything, just the short lived process.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Solution
FOUND THE FIX!

Basically, when I ran the offline Java 64-bit install, nothin at all would show up, but the process would still keep on running in the background.
The way I fixed it is simply using Ninite installer to do it. It detected my system was 64-bit, downloaded Java 8 (Latest) and installed it for me.
This was on Win10 too.

Hope this helps and share!

*UPDATE* In case you are wondering, yes it did install Java 8 64-bit, not 32-bit.
G

Yes, I've been trying to install the latest Java version and I have my Windows set to update automatically.

But anyway, I've managed to install JDK 7u79. Java 8 just doesn't work for me, but Java 7 has no problems.

Ecstasy

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
FOUND THE FIX!

Basically, when I ran the offline Java 64-bit install, nothin at all would show up, but the process would still keep on running in the background.
The way I fixed it is simply using Ninite installer to do it. It detected my system was 64-bit, downloaded Java 8 (Latest) and installed it for me.
This was on Win10 too.

Hope this helps and share!

*UPDATE* In case you are wondering, yes it did install Java 8 64-bit, not 32-bit.

Solution