Question I can't install Forza/games on my D/E drive (i have the game pass)

Jun 4, 2021
I click the blue install button, but it still won't install. I have checked a bunch of forums about troubleshooting and different methods, but it still won't install. I have owned the game with a game pass before and it worked perfectly before. when I press the install button nothing happens and when I tab out of the store and back in again it switches the preferred drive to my main drive C, I only use that one for windows and not games. does anyone have a working solution, I need feedback and not only from Microsoft themself.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I click the blue install button, but it still won't install. I have checked a bunch of forums about troubleshooting and different methods, but it still won't install. I have owned the game with a game pass before and it worked perfectly before. when I press the install button nothing happens and when I tab out of the store and back in again it switches the preferred drive to my main drive C, I only use that one for windows and not games. does anyone have a working solution, I need feedback and not only from Microsoft themself.
Is your system up-to-date? It might help to update Windows 10 and any Microsoft Store programs. I had one recently that wouldn’t download because the store needed an update.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
windows is up to date, I'm not sure about the store, how do I check?
Well, the store updates automatically with Windows 10 updates. You said you are trying to install it on a separate drive, what format is that drive using? It could be that the game has files that are too large for the drive file system. Some file system types have a maximum file size (FAT32 has a 4gb file size limit). The NTFS file system would be the best one to use if it isn’t already.

See this link for more info on other drive file systems.

Jun 4, 2021
Well, the store updates automatically with Windows 10 updates. You said you are trying to install it on a separate drive, what format is that drive using? It could be that the game has files that are too large for the drive file system. Some file system types have a maximum file size (FAT32 has a 4gb file size limit). The NTFS file system would be the best one to use if it isn’t already.

See this link for more info on other drive file systems.
i have installed the game before on the same drive so it should work

Jun 4, 2021
You have to change the default download location for the windows store, if this info is too old (2018) search the net for newer info.
i have tried that solution, but It won't let me switch location