I can't install net framework 3.5 on windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwameBlack

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I have downloaded .net framework 3.5 manually, but when i try installing an error message appears while it downloads it automatically. I love windows 8, so help me solve this problem

pastorjdh

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
A simple solution for many is to go to control panel / uninstall a program / view installed updates (top left corner) and then delete these two updates: KB2966826 and KB2966828. Then go back to windows update / view installed updates / enable windows features and check the .net framework 3.5. Then windows update will download it without saying it cannot connect to the internet. Windows update will reinstall the two removed updates later without any ill effect.

I realize this is an older thread but I spent many hours yesterday pulling my hair out and coming up with interesting words to describe windows 8.1. I tried to use windows update, I tried enabling it in windows features only to be told it could not connect to the internet, I tried to access it in the installation dvd for hours and command prompt never found the source. Finally I saw a comment on youtube video which said to remove the two updates that were blocking it.

aanduze

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
I just recently ran into this issue for the first time. Autocad 14 requires .Net 3.5 to operate.
What worked for me was to download the installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150
, and run as administrator in compatibility mode for windows seven.
I tried all the popular methods to get it installed (Windows features, Dism commands, standalone installer, reformat and re-install my os)

Volunteerdj420

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
THANK YOU! After spending several hours troubleshooting this issue while trying to get Sony Audio Studio 10 to install (after doing a fresh re-install of Windows 8 then upgrading to 8.1 and installing all updates) I was finally able to get net framework 3.5 to install!

This is the ONLY solution that worked for me!

With all the programs that use older framework versions, installing them should be MANDATORY!

desync0

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

THANK YOU!

I've been pulling my hair out for a week trying to get it installed lol

vickymacdonald

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014

THIS WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Metalronin

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

Oh man I spent the better part of 3 days trying to fix this. Finally I google one last time and come across this thread. Thank you so much pastorjdh.
An interesting note. I did not have update KB2966826 or KB2966828 but I did have KB2966827. I figured hey why not so I uninstalled it.
Boom I was able to enable and download .Net 3.5 in windows features. Thanks again!

britpopguru

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
I only had KB2966827 so I went ahead and deleted it and 3.5 installed correctly and I was able to get into my Chromecast which was what I was trying to do from the beginning. I have a brand new computer that has 4.5 so I had to download Chromecast again and ran into the error which is now fixed. Thanks to everyone for the help!

spacecowboy123

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
i am having problems downloading .net 3.5 on a windows 8.1 64 bit. I don't have the 2 microsoft updates mentioned, was it rolled up in a cumulative security patch perhaps? I'm stuck...

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.