Question I cant install Realtek

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 1, 2019
How u can plug them into USB?
I plug them in through an old Logitech usb connector, but it only allows me to hear audio while my mic does not work . If you would like to spend around 25 dollars you can check amazon for Hyperx Amp Soundcard. Ive heard it fixes this problem but I cant guarantee.

Ralston18

Titan
What headsets are you using? Make and model? Do they work on another computer or audio device?

Windows 10?

Things you can do:

Run the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters - they may find and fix something.

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

There will be a menu of audio related options.

Explore the options and associated configuration choices that are available.

Do not immediately start making changes. Figure out the current configuration and then, if you are sure that something is not configured as it should be then make a change.,

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to reverse the change.

Pay attention to any error codes or pop-up windows.

plete

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
Sorry for late reply,
What headsets are you using? Make and model? Do they work on another computer or audio device?

Windows 10?

Things you can do:

Run the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters - they may find and fix something.

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

There will be a menu of audio related options.

Explore the options and associated configuration choices that are available.

Do not immediately start making changes. Figure out the current configuration and then, if you are sure that something is not configured as it should be then make a change.,

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to reverse the change.

Pay attention to any error codes or pop-up windows.

Sorry for late reply,

Hyperx Cloud Alpha, yes they are working on my brothers pc.

Windows 10 Pro

I tried everything, but my pc doesnt recognizing my headset

Ralston18

Titan
@plete , @cman4242 - getting a bit tangled up here but bear with me.

You are both sure that you have the correct audio drivers installed and that those drivers are up-to-date.

If not go to the audio card manufacturer's website and download the current drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure. Audio may just start working again.

@plete: It is good that the headsets work on your brother's pc.

Do other known working headsets work on your computer?

And your headsets have 1/8" (3.5mm) TRRS plugs correct? Any differences with or without the microphone being plugged in?

Be sure to test both the motherboard's audio ports and any sound card audio port if you have a sound card.

Inspect the host's audio ports (1/8" - 3.5mm) for signs of damage or internal debris. Try using the an audio extension cable between headset and audio port.

For example:

Headset ---> M plug -->] extension cable F port ------ extension cable-----> M plug ] host computer audio F port

You may find that a different incoming plug will restore proper connectivity between headsets and audio host.

Key is to work through the troubleshooting in a very methodical manner changing only one thing at a time.

Use a process of elimination. I.e., determine as @plete did that the headsets work on another audio device.

Then doublecheck the audio hardware aspects on the host audio device as suggested above.

After that, focus on the audio configuration settings. Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hands screen corner. There are four menu options to work through. And those options have multiple windows, tabs, and properties as well.

Likewise, look through everything first. Be methodical and if you discover something that does not seem to be correct then make a change.

Change only one setting at a time and keep notes in case you need to "undo" something that caused some other problem(s).

Watch for error codes, pop-up windows. Read them carefully and note any error codes, numbers, or notifications.

plete

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
@plete , @cman4242 - getting a bit tangled up here but bear with me.

You are both sure that you have the correct audio drivers installed and that those drivers are up-to-date.

If not go to the audio card manufacturer's website and download the current drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure. Audio may just start working again.

@plete: It is good that the headsets work on your brother's pc.

Do other known working headsets work on your computer?

And your headsets have 1/8" (3.5mm) TRRS plugs correct? Any differences with or without the microphone being plugged in?

Be sure to test both the motherboard's audio ports and any sound card audio port if you have a sound card.

Inspect the host's audio ports (1/8" - 3.5mm) for signs of damage or internal debris. Try using the an audio extension cable between headset and audio port.

For example:

Headset ---> M plug -->] extension cable F port ------ extension cable-----> M plug ] host computer audio F port

You may find that a different incoming plug will restore proper connectivity between headsets and audio host.

Key is to work through the troubleshooting in a very methodical manner changing only one thing at a time.

Use a process of elimination. I.e., determine as @plete did that the headsets work on another audio device.

Then doublecheck the audio hardware aspects on the host audio device as suggested above.

After that, focus on the audio configuration settings. Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hands screen corner. There are four menu options to work through. And those options have multiple windows, tabs, and properties as well.

Likewise, look through everything first. Be methodical and if you discover something that does not seem to be correct then make a change.

Change only one setting at a time and keep notes in case you need to "undo" something that caused some other problem(s).

Watch for error codes, pop-up windows. Read them carefully and note any error codes, numbers, or notifications.

I have 2 problems: 1. my drivers for audio doesnt working https://prnt.sc/pfad4j 2. my pc doesnt recognizing my headset, i tried to install my motherboards drivers some older versions of realtek and newest and nothing works