[SOLVED] I can't install XP on a very old laptop.

Jun 30, 2021
Well, this is my first thread and I have a somewhat strange problem since I cannot install Windows XP on a laptop that came pre-installed with XP? (specifically a Toshiba Satellite L25).
The problem is this: when booting from the installation disk and it loads the necessary drivers, it throws me a blue screen, it is very rare since this laptop came pre-installed with XP from the factory.
I have searched the internet for the error code which leads me to a disk interface problem.
My laptop's hard drive is IDE and has not been changed, the bios does not have the option to change the disk interface. What am I doing wrong?

Jun 30, 2021
That laptop has never been physically modified or updated (except for the RAM, it came with 256MB from the factory) Now it has 1GB but only that, neither the disk nor the processor were updated. Looking for the error code online suggests that it is a disk controller or disk mode error.
I have tried modifying the iso by adding the disk drivers from the manufacturer's page, but it keeps throwing me the blue screen.
The last thing the installation shows before pulling the blue screen is `` Loading files (FAT file system) ''

That laptop has never been physically modified or updated (except for the RAM, it came with 256MB from the factory) Now it has 1GB but only that, neither the disk nor the processor were updated. Looking for the error code online suggests that it is a disk controller or disk mode error.
I have tried modifying the iso by adding the disk drivers from the manufacturer's page, but it keeps throwing me the blue screen.
The last thing the installation shows before pulling the blue screen is `` Loading files (FAT file system) ''
How do you add them? Are you using the slipstreaming technique?
Are you installing from an actual CD drive or are you trying with an USB, usb will cause problems.
Also the first XP and service pack 3 are pretty much completely different OS you could try with SP2 or earlier just as a test.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Well, this is my first thread and I have a somewhat strange problem since I cannot install Windows XP on a laptop that came pre-installed with XP? (specifically a Toshiba Satellite L25).
The problem is this: when booting from the installation disk and it loads the necessary drivers, it throws me a blue screen, it is very rare since this laptop came pre-installed with XP from the factory.
I have searched the internet for the error code which leads me to a disk interface problem.
My laptop's hard drive is IDE and has not been changed, the bios does not have the option to change the disk interface. What am I doing wrong?

Me too, I get 0x7b Blue screen on setup is starting after loading everything.

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
1.?How much ram is in the L25? If less than 2GB buy 2 new 1gb sodimms and bump it to the max of 2GB (cheap)

2. Make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the DVD drive. Insert a WinXP INSTALL disk. If it does not boot more than likely you have a bad optical drive and you will need to replace it.

3, If the BIOS supports booting from a USB drive you MIGHT be able to install from a RUFUS created WinXP INSTALL USB drive.