[SOLVED] i can't run any games with ryzen 5 3400g

Jan 16, 2021
hey so i just built my pc. the specification is:

mobo: asrock b450m hdv r.4
processor: ryzen 5 3400g
ram: 2x8gb patriot viper 3000mhz
psu: aerocool lux 550w 80+ bronze

i can do some basic stuff but when i tried to play games, it suddenly force close even force restart!!
i tried:
  1. genshin impact
  2. borderlands 2
  3. darksiders (this game makes my pc restart)

but i can run games such as
  1. stardew valley
  2. pcsx2 (Playstation 2 emulator)
  3. assassin creed 2

i already updating windows, driver, even installing amd adrenalin. when the game force close, amd adrenaline said it was driver error or something.

my friend said it was vga problem he said i need to buy new vga card. i don't want to spend more money if its not really sure to fix the problem and i can't borrow some vga card since im new in my city.

and also im doing some research. there are so many problem with asrock and ryzen integrated gpu series. maybe BIOS setting can fix the problem?

pls help me. thanks 🙏

hey so i just built my pc. the specification is:

mobo: asrock b450m hdv r.4
processor: ryzen 5 3400g
ram: 2x8gb patriot viper 3000mhz
psu: aerocool lux 550w 80+ bronze

i can do some basic stuff but when i tried to play games, it suddenly force close even force restart!!
i tried:
  1. genshin impact
  2. borderlands 2
  3. darksiders (this game makes my pc restart)
but i can run games such as
  1. stardew valley
  2. pcsx2 (Playstation 2 emulator)
  3. assassin creed 2
i already updating windows, driver, even installing amd adrenalin. when the game force close, amd adrenaline said it was driver error or something.

my friend said it was vga problem he said i need to buy new vga card. i don't want to spend more money if its not really sure to fix the problem and i can't borrow some vga card since im new in my city.

and also im doing some research. there are so many problem with asrock and ryzen integrated gpu series. maybe BIOS setting can fix the problem?

pls help me. thanks 🙏

Was this a fresh installation of windows?

You need to make sure that your BIOS is updated to the latest compatible BIOS version (ASRock BIOS updates can be weird so make sure you read the descriptions carefully). Remember the B450 mobos were released for the Ryzen 2000 series not the 3000. Also alot of early 3000 Series BIOS' had problems.

Jan 16, 2021
Was this a fresh installation of windows?

You need to make sure that your BIOS is updated to the latest compatible BIOS version (ASRock BIOS updates can be weird so make sure you read the descriptions carefully). Remember the B450 mobos were released for the Ryzen 2000 series not the 3000. Also alot of early 3000 Series BIOS' had problems.
i looked up at asrock website. the recent update is at 4.40 and my mobo is at 3.90. but i dont really understand with this tho. so iam little afraid of this. is it okay???😅😅

edit: this is my first installation windows on my pc so it is a fresh install right?

Last edited:
i looked up at asrock website. the recent update is at 4.40 and my mobo is at 3.90. but i dont really understand with this tho. so iam little afraid of this. is it okay???😅😅

edit: this is my first installation windows on my pc so it is a fresh install right?

As far as the BIOS you should be ok. Are you using the stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler on your CPU?

As far as Windows yes this is a fresh install. Windows can have strange driver/hardware issues when its been installed on a computer with a different motherboard/chipset. But you are ok.

Jan 16, 2021
As far as the BIOS you should be ok. Are you using the stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler on your CPU?

As far as Windows yes this is a fresh install. Windows can have strange driver/hardware issues when its been installed on a computer with a different motherboard/chipset. But you are ok.
so i updated the BIOS, and doesnt work. still crash:/

but now everytime i boot, i can hear beep sound. it means something right? it only beep once.

iam using my dad's old pc fan

Jan 16, 2021
Also, you shouldn't use a junk PSU even for a low powered system. At least use a Corsair CX if on a tight budget.
tried the memory speed. doesnt work:(

Honestly, it could be your PSU, even though the 3400g doesn't have a high power draw at all.

oh i dont know my psu is that bad:( thanks for the tip tho.

also is it okay if i just leave my pc like this? since iam busy with my work, i can't really play games (maybe just stick with playable games like ps 2 games and stardew valley for a while)

until i have more money to spend😅