I Can't Uninstall Autorun Organizer

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
Okay so I tried to install a game that needs to be extracted. Basically I did not get the game but a program called Autorun Organizer. The thing is, I already deleted the file and shortcut but the program still exists in my Programs list where you uninstall programs. I tried repairing but the file is not there because i deleted it. I installed a Autorun Organizer to uninstall the current one but now I have 2 Autorun Organizer. 1st is called Autorun Organizer (that i think is a trojan or some type of threat) and the 2nd is Autorun Organizer version 3.0.2. Can anyone help me with this problem? Please I really don't want to reformat my laptop. Thank you in advance for your help.

Solution
then find the Command Prompt application and right click on it and run it as admin. you need to use the search bar and type stuff out, like Command Prompt, pin it to start, right click on that and run as admin.

i find it hard to believe you don't have PowerShell. So forget anything about the registry--you can't even run a command prompt or powershell, you don't have the required skills. I would use system restore at this point to a date before you installed the garbage software and then don't ever do that again. Use Steam for your games, or Good Old Games, something.
run malware scans and antivirus scans on everything you have first. See if they can deal with it.

if you have deleted all it's files then you can edit the registry to get rid of that entry in Programs and Features. also doing what you do (installing games) can lead to virus/malware infection, as you have experienced.

be very careful of what you are doing and where you download from.

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
It says there is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. I cant remove it by its own setup. It asked me a yes or no question leading to file called Windows/Installer/825b4.msi & it says i need to be an administrator to remove it.

it's ok mate. let me install it in a test vm and give you instructions on how to find it in the reg and delete the entry. what versions did you install again?

you can run the uninstall thing in a Command box as an administrator. Run Command Prompt as an admin and issue that uninstall string. that might do it.

else we have to figure out which key to nuke.

then find the Command Prompt application and right click on it and run it as admin. you need to use the search bar and type stuff out, like Command Prompt, pin it to start, right click on that and run as admin.

i find it hard to believe you don't have PowerShell. So forget anything about the registry--you can't even run a command prompt or powershell, you don't have the required skills. I would use system restore at this point to a date before you installed the garbage software and then don't ever do that again. Use Steam for your games, or Good Old Games, something.

Solution