Question I changed my motherboard, now my game performance is awful.

Nov 11, 2022
I switched my mobo cuz the old one was faulty. After the switch I noticed my games werent performing as they used to. I reinstalled windows and all the drivers, now my game has good fps but some nasty lag spikes... please help me, Im stressed.
Specs
RX 590
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GBS Ram 3000mhz
New mobo Asrock b450m pro4-f
Old mobo Asus Prime b450m A

D

Deleted member 14196

When you installed windows again did you format and reinstall? If not, that is very likely your problem after the motherboard switch.

I switched my mobo cuz the old one was faulty. After the switch I noticed my games werent performing as they used to. I reinstalled windows and all the drivers, now my game has good fps but some nasty lag spikes... please help me, Im stressed.
Specs
RX 590
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GBS Ram 3000mhz
Specs
RX 590
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GBS Ram 3000mhz
You have to make same settings in BIOS and Windows (including drivers, all on factory defaults is for stability only.

Verdi

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
Maybe too obvious, but is windows update all done after your windows install and are all the shaders from the games compiled? (I usually expect suboptimal performance untill windows is done updating and my games shaders are compiled again.)

Nov 11, 2022
I had my xmp configured from the bios to 3000mhz (it works perfectly fine.) I updated my windows and reinstalled my games (Including the shaders). For example, my first game of COD MW2 goes at 100-120 fps, then when I queue to the second match the fps goes from 100 to 59 every 15 seconds.