Question i changed my PSU and computer is not turning on

Apr 1, 2019
Hi so i change my PSU to RM 850 x corsair to EVGA 750 bq and i put the cords in correct ways and it is not powering i can see my graphic cards and my cooler is on. my old EVGA had 4 pin on the CPU and i did the same way and it dont work and i tryed to put 8 pin and still not working any thoughts?

Apr 1, 2019
Did you simply swap the PSUs and keep the cables in place? If so PSU cables aren't really compatible with each other.

If you changed everything just make sure you have both the 24pin and 8 pin cables connected to your motherboard.
i did take out all the old cables and place with new cable that compatible with my PSU i did put on 24 pin and 8 pin my mother board lights on and the GPU i am not sure what is problem with it

Apr 1, 2019
You could buy a cheap PSU tester tool like this https://www.amazon.com/Insten-24-pi...ds=psu+tester&qid=1554180343&s=gateway&sr=8-6 and make sure the actual PSU is good.

But other then a loose cable I don't know what else it could be. Did you hook up the SATA power to your drives?
Omg I am having hard time on this so my psu is good so I change to old power supply and see if works but now the old power supply doesn’t work .. my gpu light is on my mother board lights on all the SATA power is on driver even my fans I am not sure I did change my i5 to i7 9 gen I am 100 % sure I didn’t damage any thing

Apr 1, 2019
List full pc specs - before and after upgrade.
Could be your new cpu is not supported by old motherboard or requires BIOS update before swapping cpus.
Before i5 6600K |NZXT Kraken X61 | asus z179-a | EVGA 750 bq | ASUS Graphics Cards TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 | Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB Kit (2x4GB) |NZXT Noctis 450 Mid Tower case |

after i7 9700K |NZXT Kraken X61 | asus z179-a | CORSAIR RX850 X |ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 O8G ROG STRIX Kingston HyperX FURY Black 32GB |NZXT Noctis 450 Mid Tower case |