[SOLVED] I changed some BIOS settings and now I'm getting no output from graphics card ?

Mar 5, 2024
Hello, so what happened was i changed the 3 settings in my BIOS,
1: turned XMP profile on to 3600mhz.
2: above 4g decoding > enabled
3: resizable bar > enabled

after i saved and exited from BIOS, PC stopped giving display, (everything was turned on, fan lights, gpu lights, ram lights), then i forced shut it down by pressing and holding the case power button, and i started it again, and it gave display. so i thought everything is good and turned off the PC and went to sleep.
Next day, PC gave no display and it's been like this after that.

Things i have tried:
  • Removed rams, changed ram to other slots, tried single stick only
  • Reset CMOS, in theory it should have helped, but it doesn't (how do i know if i resetted it correctly? i'll explain later in the post)
  • Q-flash Plused the latest BIOS, it didn't work, then Q-flash plused the older version, still didn't work (After q-flashing plus the PC wasn't turning on with power button, so i had to reset cmos and then it was powering on, it did this both times when i q-flash plused it, (that's how i know that CMOS reset was correct, it just isn't working))

My PC Specs:
CPU: i3-12100f
GPU: zotac 3060ti
PSU: Corsair rm850e
MOBO: Gigabyte B660m d3sh AX DDR4
RAM: XPG spectrix D50 3600 MHZ

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Hello, so what happened was i changed the 3 settings in my BIOS,
1: turned XMP profile on to 3600mhz.
2: above 4g decoding > enabled
3: resizable bar > enabled
It's always a good practice to change settings one at a time. This can help to isolate any issues.

> reseted CMOS, in theory it should have helped, but it doesn't (how do i know if i resetted it correctly? i'll explain later in the post)
Did you unplug the PC from the power socket before removing the CMOS battery? If it's not unplugged, it won't get reset. Also be sure to leave the PC for atleast 20 seconds OR power cycle it by pressing the power button repeatedly to discharge any capacitors after unplugging the PC from power.

Reactions: alceryes
Check for latest BIOS for your motherboard. Also, NVIDIA says that the 3060Ti may need a vBIOS update. Check your GPU mfg. site to see if one is available. It may help to perform these BIOS adjustments one at a time to verify which one is causing the issue.

To reset the BIOS -
Make sure system is off and unplugged.
Pop out the CMOS battery.
Walk away for at least 5 mins.
Put battery back, plug back in, and power on.
Verify BIOS was reset by checking the time in BIOS.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
I could also find a bunch of sources stating that setting the "Resizable Bar" to Enabled had their systems to not post as well.

So it seems like your CMOS reset wasn't done correctly.

Also, was CSM disabled?

Mar 5, 2024
It's always a good practice to change settings one at a time. This can help to isolate any issues.

Did you unplug the PC from the power socket before removing the CMOS battery? If it's not unplugged, it won't get reset. Also be sure to leave the PC for atleast 20 seconds OR power cycle it by pressing the power button repeatedly to discharge any capacitors after unplugging the PC from power.
Yes, I should have changed settings one at a time.

I have resetted the CMOS like 10 times by now, (Of course the power cable was unplugged and psu switch to 0), I have seen every youtube video explaining how to do it and did all those. Even left the cell out for more than 30 minutes.

Mar 5, 2024
Check for latest BIOS for your motherboard. Also, NVIDIA says that the 3060Ti may need a vBIOS update. Check your GPU mfg. site to see if one is available. It may help to perform these BIOS adjustments one at a time to verify which one is causing the issue.

To reset the BIOS -
Make sure system is off and unplugged.
Pop out the CMOS battery.
Walk away for at least 5 mins.
Put battery back, plug back in, and power on.
Verify BIOS was reset by checking the time in BIOS.
I did flash the latest version, it installed but PC was still same as before, everything powering on but no display.

I don't think i can install vBIOS with no screen.

Mar 5, 2024
I could also find a bunch of sources stating that setting the "Resizable Bar" to Enabled had their systems to not post as well.

So it seems like your CMOS reset wasn't done correctly.

Also, was CSM disabled?
I will still give CMOS more tries, and maybe this time it will work.

I actually don't know if CSM was disabled or not, but i built the PC myself and installed the window(it should be on default since i never changed it).

Mar 5, 2024
so now I have flashed the latest version of BIOS, did the CMOS reset exactly as explained by you guys, but Still no hope of any display.

There is a motherboard light on my mobo, that light is not turning on for some reason, (this might be helpful in solving this issue), here is a picture taken from a video, using the same motherboard. its right under GPU.

Mar 5, 2024
Okay so, I borrowed the GPU from another friend, and the system booted with that, I resetted the BIOS settings and inserted my own GPU, and it worked. and how do i mark it as solved?