[SOLVED] I currently have a RX 580, and am thinking of upgrading to a RTX 3050 or RX6500 XT

Feb 9, 2022
I own a RX580, I'm thinking of upgrading, but dont know to what. I don't wanna spend more than 600 euros on a GPU, the RTX 3050 is around 550 euros here, but the RX6500 xt is around 350. Problem with the RX6500 xt is that I have 3 monitors, but it only has 2 ports. Could I possibly use my Motherboards HDMI slot for my 3rd monitor? I use only one for gaming.

Solution
I'd say the same - if you can get 450 euros from a buyer for your RX580, despite the known glitching issues (you ARE disclosing that, yes?), take it and get the RTX3050 for 550 euros. That's a decent performance bump for only 100 euros.
I own a RX580, I'm thinking of upgrading, but dont know to what. I don't wanna spend more than 600 euros on a GPU, the RTX 3050 is around 550 euros here, but the RX6500 xt is around 350. Problem with the RX6500 xt is that I have 3 monitors, but it only has 2 ports. Could I possibly use my Motherboards HDMI slot for my 3rd monitor? I use only one for gaming.
What exact 6500 XT are you looking at, because it's very strange to have only two outputs.
Although it does not matter if you have a CPU with integrated graphics then yes you can use the motherboard's output for a monitor, just make sure it's not the one you use for gaming.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Also worth noting - the RX 5500 XT and RX 580 both outperform the RX 6500 XT. Getting a 6500XT will reduce gaming performance to some extent, especially on a motherboard that doesn't have PCIe 4.0.

Unless you're gaming at a lower resolution, or older games.

Feb 9, 2022
What exact 6500 XT are you looking at, because it's very strange to have only two outputs.
Although it does not matter if you have a CPU with integrated graphics then yes you can use the motherboard's output for a monitor, just make sure it's not the one you use for gaming.
well, theres only 3 on the site im looking at, the gigabyte rx 6500 XT, the sapphire one, and the gigabyte eagle. I dont think my cpu's got integrated graphics. I just need it for crypto charts. my cpu is the AMD Ryzen 5 1600, Hexa Core, 3.20GHz

Feb 9, 2022
Also worth noting - the RX 5500 XT and RX 580 both outperform the RX 6500 XT. Getting a 6500XT will reduce gaming performance to some extent, especially on a motherboard that doesn't have PCIe 4.0.

Unless you're gaming at a lower resolution, or older games.
What GPU should I get that is basicly the same or better than my RX 580? I dont need the RX580, as I dont use it for mining. and its going for 450 euros, used where I live.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What GPU should I get that is basicly the same or better than my RX 580? I dont need the RX580, as I dont use it for mining. and its going for 450 euros, used where I live.
This page shows a table with the performance of GPUs relative to each other:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

As to a recommendation, well, given how insane prices are, I find it very difficult to make a recommendation. Right now, it seems like the 6500XT is the best deal around, but will perform less.

If you want better performance, you have to pay a disproportionately higher price.