I deleted some important files, now my computer doesn't work.

fluffyfox8

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Help. I accidentally deleted some important files on my windows 7. Now, I can't run any .exe files, windows media player, anything.

Nontheless, every time I turn on my pc and log in, it keeps showing: 'the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005' multiple times.

Please respond asap, because I'm afraid of losing my only computer. Thank you.

Solution

Sounds like you need to re-install windows clean, especially if what you downloaded was really a virus. It may not have been, deleting files that you don't know what they are would do the same thing as a virus. It may...
If a system reset does not work, boot off your Windows 7 disk and do a Repair Setup, that will leave your files and programs alone but do a basic re-install of the core Windows files.

If that also does not work you would need to do a full system setup with a clean Windows setup or boot off a Linux CD/USB disk and use that to copy back whatever files you deleted.

fluffyfox8

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Can you maybe tell me how to do that? I've never really tried that before.

(Also, every time I try booting up a program, it shows 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.' Also, for some others, it shows 'Server execution failed'. I'm guessing that the fact that I deleted some files was the cause. If not, can you also help me out on that? Thank you!)

If you do a factory reset it will wipe all of your files, so if you did not do any backups you won't like the result.

What exactly did you delete?

fluffyfox8

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Honestly, I don't know. I downloaded a computer cleaner application, but I didn't realize that it was a virus. After running a scan with the application, it ordered the items that I can delete from highest memory usage to lowest. I basically deleted all the high memory usage files, and it gave me back 31 gigabytes. I was happy at first, but then, the next nothing was working. Mozilla firefox, windows media player, and basically all .exe files. However, I can run .exe files in safe mode with netwroking.

Any help??

Sounds like you need to re-install windows clean, especially if what you downloaded was really a virus. It may not have been, deleting files that you don't know what they are would do the same thing as a virus. It may just not have been a very safe program to use, but it really only did what you told it to. If you load a gun then take the safety off and start pulling the trigger randomly in all directions, it's about the same thing as just finding files and deleting them without knowing what those files are.

Solution