Question I don’t get a picture when starting PC with two monitors connected ?

Chrisse123

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
So I have recently built a new PC with the specs below. My problem is that when two screens are connected, (both to my GPU) (this problem happens 9/10 times) the PC will start, but my main monitor is on but is displaying a grey-ish color. The PC doesn't make it to the windows log in screen, just a black screen with grey-ish color to it. The Asus motherboard logo does not show up when I have two screens connected. I then have to power the PC off and unplug one of the monitors, and then the PC boots and starts as normal, and then I replug the second screen. I have the same problem if one of the display cables are plugged into the motherboard and the other into GPU. I have tried switching cables, disabling on board graphics in bios settings, (only nvidia GPU showing up now), different cables, two cables in GPU, one cable in GPU and the other in motherboard. I’ve updated bios and NVIDIA drivers. I don't know what to do.

Here are my specs:
Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B650 Plus WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Zotac Trinity OC RTX 3080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2 x 16GB) 6000MHz CL30 AMD EXPO
PSU: RM850X Shift
SSD: Crucial P3 Plus 2TB

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
when two screens are connected,
What are the make and models of both panels?

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B650 Plus WiFi
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

I’ve updated bios and NVIDIA drivers
Did you use DDU to remove your GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually installing the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command?

Have you tried another wall outlet to rule out a grounding issue?