I don't think my graphics card is working.

Jun 30, 2018
I've had my pc for awhile now but more recently i've noticed a change in fps in games, I used to be able to run games such as H1Z1, PUBG, Rust, ETC on medium to high settings and usually get 100+ fps. After not playing these games for 1-2 months (only played fortnite which runs fine) I first started by playing pubg again and I noticed my fps was low so I changed my settings to the lowest and the game runs 40-50 frames as for H1Z1 and Rust I run both games on lowest settings and both games average 20-40 fps. I used to be able to run these games on high without a problem but now my pc cant even handle it on lowest

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHZ
Memory: 16.0 GB

Solution
You can check your memory. Make sure it is running at the correct frequency, and that all 16 GB is showing up.

After that the only thing that would negatively affect your performance is system resources. When you install applications and programs, the default is to load them into the Windows startup. But when you do that, they are running constantly in the background. And they accumulate over time. So go back into Windows Task Manager, and then click on the Startup menu.

To cleanup the Windows Startup, you need to do two things. First scan down the list of applications for applications with medium or high impact on startup. If they aren't actively used (like your audio), highlight them and then use the disable button at the...
The GTX 1070 should be more than capable of running those games. What is the resolution of the monitor?

What is the temperature of the GPU? If it were temperature throttling, that might account for the lower performance.

Have you checked the task manager? What are the CPU and memory % usage while running one of the games listed?

Jun 30, 2018

My monitor resolution is 1920x1080
The temperature of the gpu usually stays around 40-55°C
My memory % stays around 30-60% usage on these games, the CPU % is anywhere from 30-80 depending on the game

You can check your memory. Make sure it is running at the correct frequency, and that all 16 GB is showing up.

After that the only thing that would negatively affect your performance is system resources. When you install applications and programs, the default is to load them into the Windows startup. But when you do that, they are running constantly in the background. And they accumulate over time. So go back into Windows Task Manager, and then click on the Startup menu.

To cleanup the Windows Startup, you need to do two things. First scan down the list of applications for applications with medium or high impact on startup. If they aren't actively used (like your audio), highlight them and then use the disable button at the bottom of the page. Then repeat that down the list. Second, scan down the list of applications for applications that aren't used frequently (on a daily or every few days basis). Then highlight them with the mouse and disable them. Note this doesn't delete the application. It just affect how fast the load. All of the applications on that list load right after the Windows splash screen. The other applications will load only when you use them. If you reduce the list significantly you will significantly increase your PC performance.

The next thing to do is to check the virtual memory. Virtual memory uses a small portion of your disk space as temporary memory. In Windows 10, it is a little hard to find. The easiest way to get there is to search Windows for "performance". That will bring up a list of things, just select "Adjust windows appearance and performance". On that menu select Advanced and then Virtual memory. On that page, select Custom size, then select your system drive, and then input the size. I suggest 10,000 MB min, and 15,000 MB max. Then you can repeat that on other drives if you like.

And the last thing that you can do is to overclock the GTX 1070 (if you already haven't done so). The easiest way to learn how to do this is to watch some videos on the process.

Here is one (there are lots of them on YouTube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEMS-B1Siw

Solution
Jun 30, 2018

Alright thanks, ill try all these then report back to you