Question I enabled virtualization and my pc won't boot

Mar 29, 2020
I enabled hardware virtualization to run an emulator and it restarted and now it shows no bootable device insert boot device and press any key. Please someone help me

Did you try to revert the specific changes you made in BIOS which caused the issue to begin with?

If you did try, does it result in the same problems, or are things back to normal?

This would rule out any that any actual harmful changes were made.

Having made sure everything is fine with the original settings, next step would be to make sure all is compatible an supported by your platform, and is setup correctly

Mar 29, 2020
Did you try to revert the specific changes you made in BIOS which caused the issue to begin with?

If you did try, does it result in the same problems, or are things back to normal?

This would rule out any that any actual harmful changes were made.

Having made sure everything is fine with the original settings, next step would be to make sure all is compatible an supported by your platform, and is setup correctly
It results in the same problem

When in BIOS, have you made sure boot settings hasn't been reset, or accidently changed something which prevents booting from your usual harddrive and operating system

It may just be one wrong setting, which just needs to be identified.
For now, I would carefully guess that there's a good chance that nothing disastrous has happended

But I'm still trying to get the complete picture.

It pretty much just sounds like accidently altered BIOS BOOT Device Priority settings, which can be set back to the usual settings in no time at all - IF that is actually the problem, of course

Mar 29, 2020
When in BIOS, have you made sure boot settings hasn't been reset, or accidently changed something which prevents booting from your usual harddrive and operating system

It may just be one wrong setting, which just needs to be identified.
For now, I would carefully guess that there's a good chance that nothing disastrous has happended

But I'm still trying to get the complete picture.

It pretty much just sounds like accidently altered BIOS BOOT Device Priority settings, which can be set back to the usual settings in no time at all
I had gone to the boot setting expecting something went wrong and pressed f9 to reset the settings. Yet it wasn't fixed

Possibly you were using manually set boot device priority before the BIOS reset. BIOS defaults to some settings wich generally results in a proper boot sequence, when an OS is installed.

But there can be exceptions sometimes, and with a bit of luck, that is what's happened in this case.

When in BIOS, and looking at the available devices the system can boot from, can you describe what options you can choose from?

And just to make sure - you didn't change anything else at all? It would be unfortunate to put a lot of effort in troubleshooting the wrong thing.

Any other details regarding this problem, which could somehow be relevant?

Mar 29, 2020
Possibly you were using manually set boot device priority before the BIOS reset. BIOS defaults to some settings wich generally results in a proper boot sequence, when an OS is installed.

But there can be exceptions sometimes, and with a bit of luck, that is what's happened in this case.

When in BIOS, and looking at the available devices the system can boot from, can you describe what options you can choose from?

And just to make sure - you didn't change anything else at all? It would be unfortunate to put a lot of efforting in troubleshooting the wrong thing.

Any other details regarding this problem, which could somehow be relevant?
Alright to not waste your time I will cover the full story .
First of all I went to the boot options to turn off legacy support but again turned it on. So it shouldn't matter. Next I enabled CD ROM boot and USB boot.

The options I have are
Main Security System Configuration Exit.

I think the most relevant one is System Configuration so I can see the following options there

Language
Virtualization Technology
Action Keys Mode
Battery Remaining Time
Boot Options
Built In Device Options
BIOS Auto Power-on

Thanks for providing additional information, you mentioned something possibly very important. I know you have eliminated it is a problem, but denpending on your Windows install, it can remove some boot options when disabling legacy mode. Often the default setting is correct, but it does play a role in various boot options being enabled or disabled. Even though you are quite sure the setting is correct, you could double check so you are absolutely certain, the setting now is the same as previously set, berfore you ran into problems.

But to begin with, the menu I was asking you to describe, is the third menu from the bottom "Boot Options".

What options are available here?

Mar 29, 2020
Thanks for providing additional information, you mentioned something possibly very important. I know you have eliminated it is a problem, but denpending on your Windows install, it can remove some boot options when disabling legacy mode. Often the default setting is correct, but it does play a role in various boot options being enabled or disabled. Even though you are quite sure the setting is correct, you could double check so you are absolutely certain, the setting now is the same as previously set, berfore you ran into problems.

But to begin with, the menu I was asking you to describe, is the third menu from the bottom "Boot Options".

What options are available here?
Oh sorry I didn't get your question at first.
So the following options are listed in the boot options

Post Hotkey Delay(sec)
CD ROM Boot
USB Boot
Network Boot
Network Boot Protocol (Inaccessible)
Legacy Support
Secure Boot (Inaccessible)
Platform Key
Pending Action
Clear all secure boot keys (Inaccessible)
Load HP Factory Default Keys (Inaccessible)

UEFI Boot Order
OS boot manager
Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive
USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk
USB CD/DVD ROM Drive

Legacy Boot Order
Notebook Hard Drive
Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive
USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk
USB CD/DVD ROM Drive
! Network Adapter

Please provide feedback

And yeah I am pretty sure that this is the setting before I ran into problems though I have no way to make sure of it.So sorry for that

Sorry for not being a bit more clear, I should probably read my own writing before posting.

If legacy BIOS is disabled, which you have alrready said it is, the boot device I suggest you try setting as first priority, is below UEFI Boot Order, named OS BOOT MANAGER

Save and reboot, and report what happens

EDIT
OH, I just realised it seems to already be first boot priority.

It is a bit diffucult get a completely clear idea of the settings

Mar 29, 2020
Sorry for not being a bit more clear, I should probably read my own writing before posting.

If legacy BIOS is disabled, which you have alrready said it is, the boot device I suggest you try setting as first priority, is below UEFI Boot Order, named OS BOOT MANAGER

Save and reboot, and report what happens
Sorry but I think you misread my post. Legacy Support is currently enabled

Sorry. I didn't understand what you meant with the word attained, when you deascribed the settings. It seems I misinterpreted what you wrote

I'm finding it a bit difficult to completely be sure of what settings you changed and which ones you didn't, and which ones might not currently be the same as the original settings

I'll look at the posts again, to see if a can getter a better idea of things

Mar 29, 2020
Sorry. I didn't understand what you meant with the word attained, when you deascribed the settings. It seems I misinterpreted what you wrote

I'm finding it a bit difficult to completely be sure of what settings you changed and which ones you didn't, and which ones might not currently be the same as the original settings

I'll look at the posts again, to see if a can getter a better idea of things
Alright I will wait for your response. Thank You

Feb 8, 2021
Hey any solution,please. It's been a while since you replied so I want to make sure that you didn't forget
Hello brother
A bit late I know but I think I got a solution for your problem hit me up on my social (Facebook messenger: IMarkkeyz Astro.
I just had the same problem as you and I was able to fix it after a long headache