I feel like my newly bought high end pc is under performing..

Jan 23, 2019
Hey. Last january i was the happiest boy on earth. I had saved up, lent a little bit of money from my grandparents, and bought all the components for the best and most high end pc i will ever be able to buy in my teen years (i was 14, 15 now). I have watched hours and hours of pc component and assembling content on youtube so i know basically everything you need to know.
In the start i was really enjoying my pc. For the first time in a long time, i was able to play with my friends in games like fortnite, cs:go, Gmod and other fun games. And my pc always crushes gaming! I can do everything on max settings and still get 100+ fps in games like rust/ dayZ. But the task where my pc is bugging me is in video editing. I bought the pc for two reasons: To be able to game with my friends and get a lot of good experiences with them, and to increase my video editing/design skills.

My problems are mainly in adobe premiere, and adobe after effects (and also other 3D animation and rendering software like c4d and Keyshot). When editing in premiere, and also after effects, i experience that my pc is really buggy when handling bigger tasks (what i bought it for - handling the big tasks that my old laptop with shitty components couldn't.

Here are my specs:
Strix 1080 OC
I7 8700K
Thermaltake Floe riing 360 AIO
32GB corsair ram
512 gb SSD
2 tb HDD

Plz help