Question I get black screen after the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2022
I assume this is not display issue because if it was i could blindly enter my password and hear a windows sound or something but it seems that it doesn't boot at all after the manufacturer logo, while the pc is working normally. By now the things i tried was:
Took out and right back in the rams, motherboard's cmos battery, gpu.
Checked hdd/ssd health, all good.
Clean it a bit.
I tried every possible fix but nothing seems to be working.
I know the best move is to get someone in the field to look at it but for now every suggestion is a help for me
(Windows 10 btw)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It could be that the drivers are being troublesome or your PSU is unable to deliver power to the GPU in order to end up with a black screen. Can you please parse your full system's specs? If you're able to get into BIOS, it'd be a good time to see what version you're on at this moment of time.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@T0zen

do you have a spare cpu in the house that is also compatible with your motherboard?

I had a similar black screen problem before, and it was discovered that it was a cpu problem. You could try replacing the cpu with another one.

Sep 6, 2022
@T0zen

do you have a spare cpu in the house that is also compatible with your motherboard?

I had a similar black screen problem before, and it was discovered that it was a cpu problem. You could try replacing the cpu with another one.
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It could be that the drivers are being troublesome or your PSU is unable to deliver power to the GPU in order to end up with a black screen. Can you please parse your full system's specs? If you're able to get into BIOS, it'd be a good time to see what version you're on at this moment of time.
First of all thank you! Its good to be here! For some reason i can't send pictures in here so i will just write it. (maybe this works https://ibb.co/Zx1kL6Q https://ibb.co/5R7Q3Ps)
BIOS version: 0310 x64
ME version: 9.1.41.3024
cpu: i3 4360
gpu: gtx 950
motherboard: ASUS B85M-C/C/SI http://findhard.ru/en/motherboards/model?id=3781&m=asus-b85m-ccsi
ram: 8gb ddr3
psu: corsair VS650w
Sadly i don't have a spare cpu to try. I will probably give it to a technician to test it and see whats up because I doubt i will i achieve anything with the equipment i own right now.
Also at some point while i disconnected every peripheral it gave me a message that an overclock failed and told me to go into bios, even tho i didnt overclock anything, the problem just randomly apeared today. Also its worth noting that the same issue apeared 3 weeks ago but it lasted for an hour, i remember i just removed the rams and plugged them back in and it got fixed for some reason. Now this doesn't work so i suppose there is a issue and it just got worse or something

Status
Not open for further replies.