[SOLVED] I get disconnected from every game I play, but the other 2 guys in my house have zero issues ?

Apr 18, 2021
I have had this issue and it is driving me insane, I get disconnected from every game... i have roommates who play games everyday and they have no connection issues.

I play for maybe a minute then bammm, I'm out of the game ?
I have tried doing the ipconfig / FlushDNS, didnt seem to help.

anyone have any ideas... ?

Solution
I have had this issue and it is driving me insane, I get disconnected from every game... i have roommates who play games everyday and they have no connection issues.

Go to the console [cmd] and run ipconfig
Locate the default GATEWAY IP for your adapter.

ping gatewayip -t

ie ping 192.168.1.1 -t

-t means unlimited pings, keep going til you stop it.

put the console window in the bckground and run a game until its having issues, then exit the game, move to the console window and hit CTRL + C. You are now telling tit to stop.

Paste the report line into here. This is...
Apr 18, 2021
Ethernet, I used my malware scan and was told that is could cause some problems so I deleted that.

Specs:
GPU- Radeon RX 590 armor
CPU- AMD ryzen 5 2600x
16 GB RAM Cosiar
Mother board: MSI B450 Tomahawk
2TB HD Seaco
500 MB SSD Samsung

Apr 18, 2021
no, its not working. i was told that Antimalware software could cause some games to disconnect but i have not seen that working.

its been about 5 months now since ive had this issue and its getting worse somehow.

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
First off what’s the mbps plan at place of residence? And if you’re not on wifi? Then who is? And who’s in charge of the whole thing is has controls of the main modem or the main modem/wifi router. These god forsaken cellphones are smart enough to eat up all bandwidth on the fastest connections. I ran a speed test on my iPhone X it can now do 120 mbps in a different city. That’s more than double on the same speed network. This location I’m at for networking testing in a god forsaken basement using 4 wireless routers... man.. there’s 600 mbps here, even in the basement my phone get the full 600 on wifi. I’ve even seen gigabit speeds. Someone is doing something and not tell you or you or them are exceeding bandwidth. So what’s the mbps plan? The term “hard wired” is basically reference to a modem and a Ethernet cable. Meaning not even having a wireless network or any other devices on the network. Even on wireless in this basement, the wireless is providing a Ethernet cable, but it’s still purely wireless, because it still gets internet from a wireless broadcast. So ya provide the mbps bandwidth limit please

Maybe do a simple test and leave a constant ping run to your router IP. When the game disconnects you should see packet loss if you are actually getting a network outage.

If it is only the games being affected and not the ping command I would suspect something else rather than a network issue. The only way I could see ping work and game fail is if you have something like a vpn running.

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019

Go to the console [cmd] and run ipconfig
Locate the default GATEWAY IP for your adapter.

ping gatewayip -t

ie ping 192.168.1.1 -t

-t means unlimited pings, keep going til you stop it.

put the console window in the bckground and run a game until its having issues, then exit the game, move to the console window and hit CTRL + C. You are now telling tit to stop.

Paste the report line into here. This is JUST pinging the router in the house and so if problems are here, its either your computer or the Ethernet cable or maybe a bad port on the router.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS