[SOLVED] I get significantly lower 3DMark results than other people with the same system, why?

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
As the title says I get lower scores than other people with same GPU and CPU. I have ZOTAC GTX 1080 and Intel i5-7600K. When I run Fire Strike 1.1 I get 15000 points, while others get over 20000 points. How can it be 5000 in difference? It can't be overclocking only right?

What make and model PSU do you have? If it's not enough then it might cause performance issues. In addition, is your RAM one single stick or multiple matching sticks. Plus, some models of GPU come with lower clock speeds out of the box. What is the exact model of 1080 you have in your system?

Your system looks fine... the GPU is actuall overclocks out of the box, and the PSU is plenty for your system.
Is your RAM running in dual channel? If not, then it might be affecting the performance - dual channel effectively doubles the bandwidth of RAM and so makes it a lot quicker. Typically, dual channel should be slots 1 and 3 or slots 2 and 4, unless your motherboard only has 2 slots.

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
Your system looks fine... the GPU is actuall overclocks out of the box, and the PSU is plenty for your system.
Is your RAM running in dual channel? If not, then it might be affecting the performance - dual channel effectively doubles the bandwidth of RAM and so makes it a lot quicker. Typically, dual channel should be slots 1 and 3 or slots 2 and 4, unless your motherboard only has 2 slots.
If I remember correctly my motherboard only has two slots, but I am at work right now so I will check when I get home. I might be wrong

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
Don't know if you see this but my motherboard has 4 slots. My two 8 gb is next to each other on the last two. Is this bad?