I give up and need a little assistance :)...plz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Of these 4 ONLY what would you pick.

• ZalmanCNPS9700LED

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Asus Silent Knight

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • CoolerMaster Geminii

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Thermaltake BIG Typhoon

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
You're retarded(kidding...sorta) I won't have a case size issue since it's going in a Tt Armor. Also the NT version is only for the 9700 series. The 9500 that looks the same as the NT but smaller is only for AMD. I know my stuff, but thanks again.

pshrk

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I thought I'd share my experiences with the 9700 though you probably know this already since you have one.

The Zalman paste that came with the 9700 seemed to work better than AS5 at least for me. I did need to put more on than I originally thought though, probably because my CPU is slightly concave. Also when I first installed mine I didn't read the directions carefully enough and I didn't see that you are supposed to put the mounting bracket vertically through the heatpipes (I originally placed it horizontally which is correct only if your case is laying down)

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Well, hope you enjoy the 9700. It's pretty but to me the Big Typhoon just gave better performance and I got my thermaltake stuff for cheap coz most of my case is Thermaltake and I know the right people here in SA. My lanmoto case, all the LED fans, my UV's, my PSU and now the Big Typhoon as well.