Question I got 2x4gb RGB RAM. So It's quad channel and the rgb is not combined with each other. Rainbow color changing effect is different.

Jul 12, 2019
So I bought 2 kits of 2 ram sticks. OFC they got RGB but the problem is that RGB works differently from each other. Any fixes? Let's say I am using rainbow effect and all of my sticks are showing a different color slide. Sometimes they match.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Just because you have 4x sticks of RAM doesn't mean it's instantly quad-channel. Your MoBo says if the RAM runs in quad-channel or not. Also, any MoBo that has 4x RAM slots only has dual-channel as max. Quad-channel MoBos have 8x RAM slots.

As far as RGB goes, it may be the error of that specific RAM. Or the RGB input signal gets a bit delayed between RAM sticks, resulting in uneven lightshow. Also, for unified lightshow, buy one set of 4 RAM sticks, not two sets of 2 RAM sticks since with set of 4, RAM manufacturer has proven that all 4x RAM sticks are working together without issues, including RGB they may have on.

Reactions: Arnux