Question I got a new SSD, failed to create a simple volume on it, and it cannot be formatted ?

May 5, 2024
Disk Management recognizes that the new SSD is there which means I installed it properly.
I tried creating a new simple volume on this SSD and it failed, it became "RAW" and now it can't be formatted, and gives this error message from virtual disk manager saying that

"The format did not complete successfully"

I tried restarting the system and then I noticed that my wallpaper engine is not running and paid no attention to it, turns out my system doesn't realize that my hardisk is there, so I powered the system down and took out the new SSD. Now the PC boots up normally and the HDD is detected without any data loss.

I tried finding a video on youtube about this but no dice...

Lutfij

Titan
Please mention the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and their relevant suggestions can be rendered moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now. It's why we ask users to include their specs in the thread's body.

We can then pull up the manual to see if you're having any compatibility issues.

May 5, 2024
Please mention the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and their relevant suggestions can be rendered moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in now. It's why we ask users to include their specs in the thread's body.

We can then pull up the manual to see if you're having any compatibility issues.
the specs are as in my signature,

MBD: Asrock B550M Pro4
GPU: MSI RTX 3060TI Gaming X
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx
RAM: 4 x 8GB T-force Delta DDR4 3600
Chassis: Cube Gaming Friel (3 pre-installed front fans +5 added fans)
PSU: Super Flower Leadex VII 1000W Gold 80+
Monitor: AOC 24G2E

Also an update, this is two different issues in my post. The issue about the HDD not being detected is pretty much solved, I just plugged the SATA cable in to a different port.

PSU age is like 2 months old i think

I don't think there is any compatibility issue here, the SSD im using is a KLEVV CRAS C710 256GB, the exact same SSD I used for my Windows boot drive. Well right now the SSD itself is not detected, this time maybe i didnt put it in properly?

the specs are as in my signature,

MBD: Asrock B550M Pro4
GPU: MSI RTX 3060TI Gaming X
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx
RAM: 4 x 8GB T-force Delta DDR4 3600
Chassis: Cube Gaming Friel (3 pre-installed front fans +5 added fans)
PSU: Super Flower Leadex VII 1000W Gold 80+
Monitor: AOC 24G2E

Also an update, this is two different issues in my post. The issue about the HDD not being detected is pretty much solved, I just plugged the SATA cable in to a different port.

PSU age is like 2 months old i think

I don't think there is any compatibility issue here, the SSD im using is a KLEVV CRAS C710 256GB, the exact same SSD I used for my Windows boot drive. Well right now the SSD itself is not detected, this time maybe i didnt put it in properly?
Note that "M2_2 and SATA3_5_6 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled." So you cannot use either SATA3 ports 5 or 6 for your hdd.