Question I got problem with RUFUS USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvd150

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
I downloaded RUFUS USB and then i did scan for it and my antivirus told me no virus found
and then i used RUFUS for create a bootable windows on USB and everything is fine
After 6 Hour or 7 Hour i dont know i got message form my antivirus told me Win64:EVO-gen is found in Rufus and deleted this program

is this risk program??

Solution
This is where google is your friend. That "virus" is a broad category of suspicious-behaviour software. Basically, the av has looked at its behaviour and finds it strange.

Here's the thing: logic would dictate that if it's a virus, virus-total would have more than one positive for it - why would only a single av of 32 catch it?

Rufus is a broadly used, popular program and you seem to have gotten it from the official source. This is almost certainly a false positive.

If you have misgivings, try using a program called YUMI instead, which I've not only found to be more intuitive, but further it does basically the same thing.

Well, where are you downloading it from? If you have Chrome you can check your downloads by pressing Cntl+J. You can always try YUMI if Rufus is being annoying.

rvd150

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
I dont know why my antivirus told me found virus after Hours although i did scan in the first and told me no found virus ????

I used this site VIRUSTOTAL and did scan for it i got one antivirus catch virus on it

what this virus?? is this virus Win64:EVO-gen dangerous???

rvd150

Honorable
Jul 9, 2015
I saw in another site someone said Rufus with trojan

i dont know it is safe or risk program also i want know this virus Win64:EVO-gen is dangerous ??

I waiting your answer

This is where google is your friend. That "virus" is a broad category of suspicious-behaviour software. Basically, the av has looked at its behaviour and finds it strange.

Here's the thing: logic would dictate that if it's a virus, virus-total would have more than one positive for it - why would only a single av of 32 catch it?

Rufus is a broadly used, popular program and you seem to have gotten it from the official source. This is almost certainly a false positive.

If you have misgivings, try using a program called YUMI instead, which I've not only found to be more intuitive, but further it does basically the same thing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.