Question I had a problem with stuttering, it was "solved" but now its back.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I have a 4k gaming computer with above average specs, the ones in the signature line are up to date (def not the best out there but much better than anyone I know personally)...

With that in mind, the day to day tasks and gaming are flawless. That is for about the first hour or so... Then (when gaming) the computer has like a micro stutter ever couple of minutes. Nothing to catastrophic, more just really annoying. I have a G SYNC monitor and the FPS dips by only a bit, but its enough to make me miss a shot in modern warfare or an apex in project cars ha.

There are no issues with temperatures. Not the GPU, the CPU, the VRAM, nothing on the motherboard (checking sensors in HwInfo). The CPU is on out of the box settings except for DOCP to clock the memory to 3200... voltages all seem fine, no spikes etc, And the GPU has a slight OC on it, but nothing at all extreme.

This problem is really giving me a headache, I cant figure it out... any ideas? Looking at HwInfo and MSIAfterburner sensors on my second screen while this stuttering occurs shows no irregularities other than fps dipping. No temp/votage spikes at all really.

Lutfij

Titan
the ones in the signature line are up to date
We advise people to post their system's specs in their thread's body. Reason behind that is due to the fact that sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens it makes the suggestions and advice's irrelevant to an end-user who may be in the same boat as you(once were).

So, please list them in your thread like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the BIOS version for the board, the driver versions for the GPU and the version for your OS. Include the age of the PSU(if it was recycled).

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
the ones in the signature line are up to date
We advise people to post their system's specs in their thread's body. Reason behind that is due to the fact that sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens it makes the suggestions and advice's irrelevant to an end-user who may be in the same boat as you(once were).

So, please list them in your thread like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the BIOS version for the board, the driver versions for the GPU and the version for your OS. Include the age of the PSU(if it was recycled).
CPU Ryzen 5 3600x
Moboard Asus ROG x570-f

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
CPU Ryzen 5 3600x
Moboard Asus ROG x570-f
RAM Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3200
SSD/HDD 500GB Crucial SSD, 1TB m.2, 1TB WD Blue HDD
GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC
PSU Corsair 850w (i think its RM850W)
Chasis Lian Li PC 011 dynamic
OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Moboard BIOS version 1405
Windows version 18363.657
GPU driver is 26.21.14.4250 (GeForce 442.50)