[SOLVED] I have a DDR3 desktop pc, and I have a very weird Memory problem

Jul 11, 2021
I got a pc second hand with a Asus Z77-V Pro motherboard, and two things are very strange with the ram. First, the 2 memory slots on the left aren’t working, so if there is a fix for that, please let me know, but as of now, I’ve just come to the conclusion that they don’t work. Secondly, I have 2x4gb of HyperX ddr3 ram. I also have 2x4gb of Nanya ram. Now, I can’t use one of the hyperX ram sticks without installing one of the nanya ones first. So, I have to install the nanya and one of the hyperX, then boot it up to bios or the os, then restart the pc and install both of the HyperX sticks. I can’t just boot with the hyperX sticks alone after removing them, then reinstalling them. And since the left side doesn’t work, I can’t run the ram in dual channel. Help!

Solution
If you are simply turning it off and not disconnecting the power cord and draining all the power from the motherboard, you're still doing it wrong.

And even if you are doing it right, there is still something wrong with the motherboard, ram or both.
Jul 11, 2021
Ok, sorry I wasn’t very clear in my first post, I turn off the pc then switch the ram to the same type of ram then it works just fine. I’m just kind of confused on why I need to have 2 different sticks in first, then once it boots to turn it off and switch them to the same type?

If you are simply turning it off and not disconnecting the power cord and draining all the power from the motherboard, you're still doing it wrong.

And even if you are doing it right, there is still something wrong with the motherboard, ram or both.

Solution