I have a external hard disk which consists windows server 2003 x64. When am trying to boot it in my laptop which has a version

Solution
You cannot "move" Windows Server from a desktop PC to your laptop because the hardware is totally different on your laptop.

If you want to run Windows Server on your laptop you must reformat the hard drive then re-install Windows Server while that hard is in your laptop.

Except for Windows 10, you must always install Windows on the same computer you wish to use it on.

dhavala

Commendable
May 11, 2016
The hard drive was first installed on Windows 7 and it is desktop with 2GB Ram in it and presently i wanted to use this on my Dell Inspiron 5547 Laptop which has windows 8.1 installed in it with 8GB Ram

You cannot "move" Windows Server from a desktop PC to your laptop because the hardware is totally different on your laptop.

If you want to run Windows Server on your laptop you must reformat the hard drive then re-install Windows Server while that hard is in your laptop.

Except for Windows 10, you must always install Windows on the same computer you wish to use it on.

Solution