Question I have a gtx 1060 6gb and a fx 8350 what is the best motherboard i can get and pls dont let it be to expensive

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Waht why would it be expensive? More then 70 euro?

For one that can handle the 125W power draw of the 8350? Most likely.

AM4 boards start at around 50 euros. Of course you'd have to buy DDR4 RAM, and an AM4 CPU, which adds to the cost.

I would assume that it's better to sell the DDR3 RAM and 8350 if possible, and put that plus whatever you were going to spend on an AM3 motherboard into an AM4 platform.

On a separate topic, I am not sure if the 500W power supply you have would be enough. What brand and model number is it?

Jun 11, 2019

AM4 boards start at around 50 euros. Of course you'd have to buy DDR4 RAM, and an AM4 CPU, which adds to the cost.

I would assume that it's better to sell the DDR3 RAM and 8350 if possible, and put that plus whatever you were going to spend on an AM3 motherboard into an AM4 platform.

On a separate topic, I am not sure if the 500W power supply you have would be enough. What brand and model number is it?

I dont know the brand but if you send me your number i can send a pic of the piwer suply sry i dont know much about pc's

Jun 11, 2019
I should mention that I can't say how well the motherboard I linked will work with an FX 8350. A lot of cheap AM3+ motherboards struggled to run 125W chips like the 8350, but cheap ones are the only ones left, at least on PCPartPicker.
Asrock 970M Pro3 moederbord does this look like a good motherboard that can handle it?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ah, ok . . I see that the 12V rail only provides 22A. So, this PSU claims to be 500W, but you're only getting 12 x 22 = 264W on the 12V rail from it.

It is trash, I would not trust that power supply at all! I would recommend getting a Seasonic power supply, preferably 550W or higher.

Reactions: HASANL
Jun 11, 2019
Ah, ok . . I see that the 12V rail only provides 22A. So, this PSU claims to be 500W, but you're only getting 12 x 22 = 264W on the 12V rail from it.

It is trash, I would not trust that power supply at all! I would recommend getting a Seasonic power supply, preferably 550W or higher.
But it didn't fail on me today my pc crashed like 3times because my motherboard was 106degrees and i just bought it for 40 euros but i wil search for a better one after i fixed the motherboard problem