Question i have a GTX 650 and a dual molex 4pin to one 6 pin power adapter? is it safe to run it with my 750W PSU?

ramavz7

Prominent
May 21, 2019
GTX 650 1Gb 128Bit DDR5
Dual Molex 4 Pin to 6pin
is it safe to run it with my 750W Power Supply?

Usually it's not recommended to use MOLEX adapters to power any GPU. But which PSU is that ? Make and model number ? How many PCI-e cables does your card actually require, ONE 6-pin ? Any decent 750 Watts PSU should come with PCI-e connectors.

Last edited:

ramavz7

Prominent
May 21, 2019
Usually it's not recommended to use MOLEX adapters to power any GPU. But which PSU is that ? Make and model number ? How many PCI-e cables does your card actually require, ONE 6-pin ?
I don't actually know what kind of PSU I'm using. It just said Super COOL ATX Switching Power Supply. But It has Specification given:
AC Input -
-Voltage: 220V~ - Current: 7A,- Frequency: 50Hz
Dc Output -
-orange: +3.3V - Yellow: +12V - Blue: +12V - Red: -5V - White: +5V - Purple: +5Vsb - Black: COM - Green: PS-ON - Brown: POK

Apparently. It only has 2 Female 4 Pins and 1 other thingy cable(actually dont know what it is).

I'm not sure about that PSU model. Might be some generic low-end unit. You need to show me the picture of the Molex 4-pin adapter. If your card requires a Single 6-pin PCI-e cable, then you would be needing a proper 6-pin PCI-e cable.

Which 4-pin molex adapter are you actually talking about ?

ramavz7

Prominent
May 21, 2019
dual-molex-lp4-4-pin-to-6-pin-pci-e-express-converter-adapter-power-cable-5152-3098951-1-catalog.jpg_340x340q80.jpg_.webp
I'm not sure about that PSU model. Might be some generic low-end unit. You need to show me the picture of the Molex 4-pin adapter. If your card requires a Single 6-pin PCI-e cable, then you would be needing a proper 6-pin PCI-e cable.

Which 4-pin molex adapter are you actually talking about ?