I have a i7 2600k, what would be a mobo that t I can buy now for gaming?

midnight_sc

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
There are some components of my old pc that dies over the years. However the cpu still good and running. I had never over click my cpu before.

Right now I try to upgrade my whole system, so other than cpu and hard drive. I would start from scratch. The problem I had is the board I use to had is discounted. And I have no in depth knowledge of which board in the market now are good for gaming. I plan on spent about $300 on graphic card. So I have some room for improvement in the future. Can someone help me choose a board that I can still buy, and it's good for gaming?

I am not a hardcore gamer, just need something that won't lag in LoL, and able to play recent assasines creed in medium setting.

Solution
You basically want a Z68 or Z77 chipset motherboard. I don't know where you're shopping from, but you can select those as filters on newegg.com and see what pops up. There's pretty nice refurbished models. I wouldn't spend too much but make sure you really nail down the features you want and need. Those chipsets allow for overclocking of the CPU, if you choose to do that.

If you have zero interest in overclocking, there's some H61 chipset motherboards available on newegg.com. Again, that's selectable as a filter to help you out in choosing.

Personally, I'd go for a Z68 or Z77 chipset motherboard whether you overclock or not, because they are generally made with higher quality components. I'd find a nice refurbished unit you'll be...
You basically want a Z68 or Z77 chipset motherboard. I don't know where you're shopping from, but you can select those as filters on newegg.com and see what pops up. There's pretty nice refurbished models. I wouldn't spend too much but make sure you really nail down the features you want and need. Those chipsets allow for overclocking of the CPU, if you choose to do that.

If you have zero interest in overclocking, there's some H61 chipset motherboards available on newegg.com. Again, that's selectable as a filter to help you out in choosing.

Personally, I'd go for a Z68 or Z77 chipset motherboard whether you overclock or not, because they are generally made with higher quality components. I'd find a nice refurbished unit you'll be happy with. There's some decent refurbs starting at $85.

Depending on your budget, you may want to take the model numbers down from newegg.com for reference, and poke around other online retailers like amazon, etc, if you aren't seeing what you want.

Solution