[SOLVED] I have a motherboard, and I'm looking forward to update it.

Yuiodo

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Hello, I have the ASUS P8H61 motherboard, and it's very old, I cannot seem to find any updates for it, and it's currently on version 4001 from 2012.
It's not the ASUS P8H61-M or the ASUS PH861-I, It's just the ASUS P8H61.
If anyone has the updated version for the motherboard please link it here or send a file. I really need it, and if that's actually the last version that was made for it please say it here.

Yuiodo

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
That is an "ancient" motherboard by tech standards. You very likely have the latest BIOS released for it.

If working properly, why do you want to update the BIOS?
I heard that if I were to update it, it would most likely make my CPU and fan heatsink's performance most likely better, since my computer shuts off a lot while playing games due to overheating and i have a third generation CPU that can't handle them properly.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I heard that if I were to update it, it would most likely make my CPU and fan heatsink's performance most likely better, since my computer shuts off a lot while playing games due to overheating and i have a third generation CPU that can't handle them properly.

You heard incorrectly. If you have an overheating issue, it's an issue related to some aspect of your cooling system, not having an old BIOS.

Yuiodo

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
You heard incorrectly. If you have an overheating issue, it's an issue related to some aspect of your cooling system, not having an old BIOS.
I know I have an old bios AND cooling system. I just heard that if I did update my BIOS it would most likely make the cooling system's performance better.

TRENDING THREADS