[SOLVED] I have a Prebuilt HP elite desk 800 G1, and on turning on power from the wall it turns on on it's own and no signal is given out and....

Sep 9, 2020
So as I said this HP after 20 seconds, the CPU fan and the power Supply fan start spinning at very high speeds and make a lot of noise.
There is no HP symbol, no POST , literally nothing even the keyboard and mouse do not have any power.
Actually the 800 G1 does not come with a GPU, but I put a 1050ti in it and it worked flawlessly for the past 2-3 weeks(the 1050ti does not require any external 6 or 8 pin power connector so I was able to use it in 320 watts). Then this issue has happened today.
The Computer has an i7-4770, 16 GB RAM and 256GB SSD and 1 TB Hard Drive and the 1050ti.
So yeah, no POST and CPU cooler And PSU fan become loud and super fast.
So Can anyone tell me what problem it is and what component is not working and if this has happened to anyone else before this, and is the PSU faulty or the motherboard ( I hope it's not the mobo coz it will be a big hassle then) and I really hope that swapping out the PSU would solve the problem.
Thanking you in advance
Kindly help me as soon as possible

Solution
Often fans spinning fast with no boot equals a motherboard issue, but no way to know for sure without testing parts. Try one RAM stick at a time, try without the video card or another video card, try another power supply, another motherboard. Before you can swap parts it's just guessing.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If it automatically turns on when you flip the wall switch, it's likely because of a setting in the BIOS of most PCs that tells it what to in the event of a power outage.

Basically it's "Stay off" or "power back on". If I were to guess, I'd say yours is set to power back on.

When it detects no power from the outlet, it assumes there was a power loss. Once you flip the wall switch on, the system thinks the power was restored, and turns on.

Reactions: Hamid Iqbal
Sep 9, 2020
Often fans spinning fast with no boot equals a motherboard issue, but no way to know for sure without testing parts. Try one RAM stick at a time, try without the video card or another video card, try another power supply, another motherboard. Before you can swap parts it's just guessing.
thanks for the help, I reinserted all ram sticks and reinserted all the connectors on the mobo and it fixed automatically that day itself. So yeah just to let anyone facing the problem know that try disconnecting and reconnecting everything and it will mostly be fine unless it's a major issue, which it wasn't in my case( a million thanks to God)[/QUOTE]