I have a problem with my MB / CPU (recognition problem)

Sep 13, 2018
Okay so i have an asus rog z370-H motherboard and an i7-8700k . I have bent my cpu socket pins so i sent it to a repair , after it returned and all looked good my CPU is still doesn't work with this motherboard . I tested my cpu and everything was fine so i sent it for a check again.
So here is the deal, The motherboard works with an i5 processor but not with mine (again i have checked it on another mb and it works) . What could be the problem?
Its the repair?

Solution
the way to solder the socket is to bake the motherboard cpu area with a pre soldered socket place on top.
the heat will melt the pre solder and the socket / mobo become 1 piece.

it's possible that some connections are not properly connected.

you could do something on your own, but the thing is that , doing your own thing while arguing with shop can be counter productive, as they will just blame your action as the *fault*
Sep 13, 2018

They insist that the motherboard is working and there could be a bios problem

i'm not sure whom you are dealing with, Asus or a local computer shop. or how they performed the repair (i assume that they re soldered a new cpu socket)

The response is typical BS. unless you having the tools to do a bios chip flash directly. you need a working cpu to flash the mobo.
but you don't have any working cpu with this mobo. you can argue that since they claim that the i5 has no issue, ask them to flash the latest bios. and eliminate the bios issue. otherwise they can't claim that it's repaired.

Sep 13, 2018

Its a local computer shop , the problem is speculated to be bios related . How come a new soldered CPU socket can interfere with the bios?

and can i do it alone if i'll find an i5 that works for example?

the way to solder the socket is to bake the motherboard cpu area with a pre soldered socket place on top.
the heat will melt the pre solder and the socket / mobo become 1 piece.

it's possible that some connections are not properly connected.

you could do something on your own, but the thing is that , doing your own thing while arguing with shop can be counter productive, as they will just blame your action as the *fault*

Solution