Question I have a problem with my temp of my CPU

Apr 8, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 2600 with the mini wraith that had previously applied thermal paste and I need to know if I should apply thermal paste because I've been using pre applied pastefor a couple of months no problem. I got a new 120 dollar case and it was going up to 70 degrees c which doesnt make sense cause I have 5 fans.

Apr 8, 2019
Since I moved my parts which include a gtx 1070 evga, recently purchased new 16 g of 3200 corsair ram put in yesterday, ryzen 5 2600, 700 w psu, and my motherboard which is a msi gaming plus x370. In my old case it was staying at 42 degrees c now in the new case us getting up to 70 c.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
What monitoring software(s) are you using? I'd get rid of any, other than Ryzen Master and see what you get. Also, have you been into the Bios to see what temps it's reporting there? I know some monitoring softwares used to have an issue with Ryzen CPU's. I had to get rid of a couple as they constantly reported a 30+ celcius temp difference than the Bios. Now, granted that was months ago, but you never know.

AMD has 3 WRAITH coolers, the Wraith Stealth(65w tdp), Wraith Spire(95w tdp) and Wraith Max/Prism(140w tdp).

If you have the stealth, 70C is probably normal for that cooler. It's garbage, just as bad as intel's stock cooler. When AMD first launched Ryzen they were giving out the 95w tdp Wraith Spire with the Ryzen 1600, and reviewers praised it as being a great stock cooler, because it was. But when they released the Ryzen 2000 series, they gave out the 65w Tdp Wraith Stealth which is a horrible cooler and really only meant for PC's that aren't serious about keeping their clock speeds up in full turbo.

You should invest in a better CPU cooler ASAP if you're using the stock cooler on your 2600. You can get a Hyper EVO 212 or something that should be plenty fine for that CPU if you aren't overclocking too much.

Apr 8, 2019
What monitoring software(s) are you using? I'd get rid of any, other than Ryzen Master and see what you get. Also, have you been into the Bios to see what temps it's reporting there? I know some monitoring softwares used to have an issue with Ryzen CPU's. I had to get rid of a couple as they constantly reported a 30+ celcius temp difference than the Bios. Now, granted that was months ago, but you never know.
It's not just what it says I can feel how hot it is

Apr 8, 2019
AMD has 3 WRAITH coolers, the Wraith Stealth(65w tdp), Wraith Spire(95w tdp) and Wraith Max/Prism(140w tdp).

If you have the stealth, 70C is probably normal for that cooler. It's garbage, just as bad as intel's stock cooler. When AMD first launched Ryzen they were giving out the 95w tdp Wraith Spire with the Ryzen 1600, and reviewers praised it as being a great stock cooler, because it was. But when they released the Ryzen 2000 series, they gave out the 65w Tdp Wraith Stealth which is a horrible cooler and really only meant for PC's that aren't serious about keeping their clock speeds up in full turbo.

You should invest in a better CPU cooler ASAP if you're using the stock cooler on your 2600. You can get a Hyper EVO 212 or something that should be plenty fine for that CPU if you aren't overclocking too much.
What do you think the best cooler would be for less than 40

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Another thing to make sure is the fans are facing the appropriate position on your new tower since you don't want all of your fans sucking air in or all of them blowing air out.

If nothing else has changed in terms of software used to monitor temps, clock speed/voltage, and you have good airflow going throughout the tower then I would just try to remove heatsink and reapply thermal paste and put heatsink back on, maybe something happened during transfer.

If the temps used to be 42c under the same settings then there is no reason it should be 70c now.