Question I have a question. Does Motherboard affect FPS? Or does the power supply?

May 13, 2020
I had a prebuilt PC and I basically stripped the insides and kept the motherboard and power supply. I was expecting to get higher FPS, but was kinda bummed when my FPS didn’t go up. I can only think of 2 possible reasons for this. Either my motherboard is making my Fps worse or it’s my power supply. My power supply is 6 pin and my new GPU is 8 pin, so to resolve this I bought a 6 to 8 pin adapter on amazon. Do you guys think the motherboard or power supply are the issue here? for reference i went from a I5 to a I7-7700, GTX 1060 3gb to RX 5600XT, and 8gb of ram to 16. Thoughts?

RealBeast

Titan
I had a prebuilt PC and I basically stripped the insides and kept the motherboard and power supply. I was expecting to get higher FPS, but was kinda bummed when my FPS didn’t go up. I can only think of 2 possible reasons for this. Either my motherboard is making my Fps worse or it’s my power supply. My power supply is 6 pin and my new GPU is 8 pin, so to resolve this I bought a 6 to 8 pin adapter on amazon. Do you guys think the motherboard or power supply are the issue here? for reference i went from a I5 to a I7-7700, GTX 1060 3gb to RX 5600XT, and 8gb of ram to 16. Thoughts?
Neither your motherboard or PSU should affect FPS, and neither will using that adapter. There are of course many potential issues with PSUs and adapters in terms of stable power, but that will not affect FPS. What games are specifically an issue and how are you measuring FPS?

May 13, 2020
Neither your motherboard or PSU should affect FPS, and neither will using that adapter. There are of course many potential issues with PSUs and adapters in terms of stable power, but that will not affect FPS. What games are specifically an issue and how are you measuring FPS?
Mostly CSGO, R6, and Valorant. I’m using the in game indicators.