Question I have an old computer and wondering if i could add more RAM.

seteven

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Hi

I have a HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF , it has 4GB of RAM installed, it freezes and stops responding and once i check in the memory Usage , it says its over 95%. I can buy another 4 GB on ebay and put it in for about $20. So what do you guys thing? should i do it?. will it stop it from crashing and not responding?

Thanks guys,

lynx1021

Distinguished
You need to try to match up the 4GB module on Ebay with the same part number on the one you have or buy a matched pair. Crucial has some here https://www.crucial.com/ScanListVie...patible-upgrade-for&langId=-1&catalogId=10151
It probably needs to be low density DDR3 also (2rank)
What operation system are you using? More ram can help but the freezes and stops responding's could be something else.
I had a windows 7 system that was about 8 years old and you would have sworn it had a virus. Turned out to be "Windows rot" saved all my doc's & files and did a fresh install and it ran great after that. It is getting where you need at least 8GB of memory just to browse the internet/watch YouTube.

Hi

I have a HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF , it has 4GB of RAM installed, it freezes and stops responding and once i check in the memory Usage , it says its over 95%. I can buy another 4 GB on ebay and put it in for about $20. So what do you guys thing? should i do it?. will it stop it from crashing and not responding?

Thanks guys,
Just remove your 4Gb and buy an 8 or 16Gb kit.