I have external hard disk issue

diliphills

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I have the same problem but in my case, my Seagate 2TB external hard disk is not even showing in the disk management. Actually it was working properly a week ago but now when I connect it on my computer its make the sound that is connected and even the light on the hard disk is on & beep sound comes continuously but its not showing anything. I don't know what to do

Solution
I would download SeaTools for Windows from HERE and install it on your computer. Then attach the external drive and run the program with the external drive as the selected device. You can then run the tests to check drive integrity.

Could be just a corrupted MBR, which is not uncommon on USB drive.

Another option (while the drive is connected and powered on) is to open a command prompt window and type diskpart then hit return. Then select the drive number that corresponds to the external (if it shows up) and enter select drive n. If it works it is likely the drive is indeed corrupted and may need a clean command.

RealBeast

Titan
I would download SeaTools for Windows from HERE and install it on your computer. Then attach the external drive and run the program with the external drive as the selected device. You can then run the tests to check drive integrity.

Could be just a corrupted MBR, which is not uncommon on USB drive.

Another option (while the drive is connected and powered on) is to open a command prompt window and type diskpart then hit return. Then select the drive number that corresponds to the external (if it shows up) and enter select drive n. If it works it is likely the drive is indeed corrupted and may need a clean command.

Solution