Question I have FPS drops in most games and can't understand why ?

fred_25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
Hello guys I just want to get confirmation and or help on what to do or if I need an upgrade.

Pc specs:
Motherboard - Asus prime 470x pro
CPU - Amd 5800x
cpu cooler - be quiet rock pro 4
GPU - Amd 5700
Ram - G.Skill 16gb (2 x 8gb) ddr4 3200mhz ripjaws v
PSU - Corsair RM 650W 80 plus Gold full modular
Windows 10

The BIOS of my motherboard is the most recent, all the drivers are updated(this happened with old drivers as well).

If im missing something just ask...
I have FPS drops in most games and can't understand why, for some reason I think my GPU is kinda cooked because sometimes im just browsing and my screen goes full black if I am watching a video I can still hear the video tho, sometimes I randomly have (rarely) a white line pop up on my monitor but these things are kind of rare and random, couldn't mimic the error with something specific.

The games I play most are Valorant, apex and overwatch.
I notice most drop in valorant but it does happen in apex and overwatch.
My temps are normally fine never saw anything crazy GPU60-70 max ive seen was 78 playing overwatch and apex as for cpu 60-70.

Everything is appreciated and I will take all I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

fred_25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
Btw guys I am trying to overclock my ram a bit and as for now with me testing gaming and all that seems a bit more consistent, i dont know if this is the main problem but if you can help me with that as well i would be appreciated

fred_25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
btw I noticed that if i don't cap my fps it feels like its lagging even if i dont drop frames, but with it capped it doesnt lag now if i open Medal which is a clip recording program my pc cannot handle it

TRENDING THREADS