I have i5-4690k, and it's on 100% load everytime i play anything

BeryFPS

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hello,

I have i5-4690k and 980Ti Xtreme Edition. I was thinking that this CPU wouldn't bottleneck 980ti, but it did, really huge bottleneck.

I am playing PUBG and sometimes FPS drops to 20-30, because of 100% load of CPU, is there anything i can do with it? I have Deepcool Lucifer V2 for cooling and the temp is okay everytime

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well now, this is problem isn't it. Does it do this in any other games? It's possible that you have the world render set too high in PUBG. The larger the world area rendered the more that the CPU has to work. What clock speeds do you have set for your CPU? I would assume with it being a K series and you having liquid cooling that you are overclocking.

If it is doing this in other AAA titles from the past few years then we can look into what's going on. Otherwise if it's only in PUBG then it's a PUBG problem and not a hardware problem.

BeryFPS

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

I have set everything on low. the problem mainly appears in the PUBG, but has FPS stutters in some other games like Overwatch, CSGO, BF1, but not that much. going down to 20-25 FPS in fight is biggest pain in the ass especially when you know you have 980ti and that happens

have you had HWINFO running in the background while gaming, and look at the results when it is stuttering? especially the CPU temp and GPU temps?

100% cpu usage while gaming does indicate a bottlenecking, but I suspect something else is at play why? bottlenecking is constant its not one sec 70fps, then 30fps... I would suspect overheating first.

Is your CPU overclocked ? what voltage/multiplier are you using ?
is your video card overclocked, what settings?

BeryFPS

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

I didnt had HWINFO, i'll look into that

Temps are okay, i already tested, 60-65 for both CPU & GPU

CPU is overclocked with basic overclocking (4.5Ghz), didnt change voltage/multiplier, I dont know that much about overclocking and how to do it

GPU is not overclocked

P.S.

One more questions, I have GTX 1060 6GB and i5-6500 in my office PC and the FPS is also dropping to hell when playing PUBG, should it be like this? :/

Update: this is my HWINFO screenshot, 100% load every core all the time. https://imgur.com/a/cIJnm9k
cIJnm9k

When you are just sitting idle on Windows desktop, and use Task Manager to check CPU usage in the 'performance' tab, what kind of load does it show? It should be very low.

On overclocking, you want to change the multiplier first. What did you do as 'basic' overclocking if you didn't touch the multiplier?

BeryFPS

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

If i do nothing, usage is low <5-10%

I don't remember anything about touching multiplier, i just changed 3.5ghz to 4.1, 4.2, 4.5ghz and I left it because i didnt have crashed. how do i check multiplier or change it? i have Z87 Xtreme3 ASRock

BeryFPS

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

I think the same, that 4c/4t is a problem in my case, but the CPU is strong and i thought it would be able to handle the game, I had everything on low, even i change everything on medium or high, FPS is same, and the stuttering continues