Question I have no contol in UEFI bios

1madmouse

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
Built new rig Rysen 5 3600, Asus prime X570, Corsair mem 32gig , Corsair C750 psu , EVGA Geforce GT 1660 Gpu, 1Tssd, 2T westrn digital HDD, Logitech 910 keyboard, and logitech Optical Trackman mouse, Win 10 Pro. Ok can go all through windows no problem, but noticed PC running hot, so checked Bios and have no way to negotiate the Bios or make any changes. I have not overclocked or changed any voltages, but CPU running at 50C, fans seem slow and everything just seems too hot. How can I change anything with no mouse control in UEFI? Don't want to burn up my new build.

kanewolf

Titan
Built new rig Rysen 5 3600, Asus prime X570, Corsair mem 32gig , Corsair C750 psu , EVGA Geforce GT 1660 Gpu, 1Tssd, 2T westrn digital HDD, Logitech 910 keyboard, and logitech Optical Trackman mouse, Win 10 Pro. Ok can go all through windows no problem, but noticed PC running hot, so checked Bios and have no way to negotiate the Bios or make any changes. I have not overclocked or changed any voltages, but CPU running at 50C, fans seem slow and everything just seems too hot. How can I change anything with no mouse control in UEFI? Don't want to burn up my new build.
Is this a wireless mouse? That may not work in BIOS.

1madmouse

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
Yes I was using a wireless mouse, have used one since and elbow injury in 1999, will change to wired and check. Could use F keys but was weird and didn't seem to go anywhere I wanted, that and tab was all over the place. Would have been nice to have some kind of direction to navigate without all the hassle. But I know would have been nice is like wishing in one hand and, we know the rest. Still it shouldn't run that hot with everything in a new Corsair obsidian 450D case and all the fans are working, thermal paste is what it should be and everything is new. SSDs are behind the MB, HDDs are below the board, PSU is on the bottom, only other item is the GPU.

1madmouse

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
OK changed to wired mouse and was able to get a few things done. HWINFO64 and SIW are both showing high temps for the CPU 150F and Motherboard 129F. Seems high to me, is this what the new MBs and processrs are running at? I read where 80C wasn't bad. Hell that's 176degF, how can that be good?

kanewolf

Titan
OK changed to wired mouse and was able to get a few things done. HWINFO64 and SIW are both showing high temps for the CPU 150F and Motherboard 129F. Seems high to me, is this what the new MBs and processrs are running at? I read where 80C wasn't bad. Hell that's 176degF, how can that be good?
80C is usually considered the upper end limit for most hardware. Idle temps would generally be 10C above ambient with good cooling.

1madmouse

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
Those temps are with the pc idling not running any programs, not overclocked and everything as just out of the box. I can only imagine what it will do with a game like Assasin's Creed or spec ops. I was going to ask about more cooling like air or water, but one shouldn't have to go that way with a stock set-up. Do these Rysen cpus and Asus MBs always run this hot? I can reseat the CPU and install better fans, I really thought 3 would be enough with 2 front to pull air in and one back for exhaust. The Corsair Obsidian was supposed to be a cooler design, there seems to be enough room for everything. what else can I do? Any advice? My office where all this is residing is about 78-80F most of the time.