Question I have no power after reassembling the insides ideapad 330s-15arr laptop into a new case

Apr 18, 2022
I bought a replacement laptop body on ebay and after getting everything put together I have no power or charging capablities. The one thing that stands out to me is that I accidentally unscrewed the heat sink that was on top of the cpu. I didn't physically touch the cpu because once I saw what I assume is thermal paste I immediately placed it back on. I've tried unattaching and reattaching the majority of the connections with no luck.

Apr 19, 2022
Is there a certain type or brand I should be looking for?
Just get anything from a reputable brand, and isn't too expensive...the brand shouldn't matter too much as long as its somewhat decent.
Also, remember that thermal paste should try to make maximum contact between the IHS and the copper that goes on top. Also don't apply too much and you should be all set to go.

Apr 19, 2022
I bought a replacement laptop body on ebay and after getting everything put together I have no power or charging capablities. The one thing that stands out to me is that I accidentally unscrewed the heat sink that was on top of the cpu. I didn't physically touch the cpu because once I saw what I assume is thermal paste I immediately placed it back on. I've tried unattaching and reattaching the majority of the connections with no luck.

No but like actually, thermal paste shouldn't have anything to do with the power, check that you've connected all the cables and etc, that's the most probable mistake.

It would be great if you could show a vid of it not turning on as well as a pic of the insides of your laptop. This might help us diagnose your issue better.

rgd1101

Don't

No but like actually, thermal paste shouldn't have anything to do with the power, check that you've connected all the cables and etc, that's the most probable mistake.

It would be great if you could show a vid of it not turning on as well as a pic of the insides of your laptop. This might help us diagnose your issue better.
it might shut itself down if overheating

Apr 18, 2022

I will try and get some photos uploaded soon and I don't believe I've missed any of the connections I've tried unplugging and replugging every cable in there minus the keyboard and touchpad connections. Thanks for the help