qwertacious

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
"No audio Output Device is installed"

Disk that came with my motherboard downloads every driver i need except for the "VIA" audio driver

When i do try to download from the disk it gives me error "We Cant find HD audio device" I also get this error when I download the driver from the VIA website.

Every other audio driver I download either wont open or give me a differnt error.

I've tried various things.
1. Checking my front audio headers

2. I downloaded the following, Realtek audio driver and VIA audio driver

3. Various driver scanners

4. Using front slots for speakers

5. USB speakers

6. HERE IS MY RAGE http://i.min.us/ieyTy6.jpg

I am starting to think it's my motherboard, I might just run out and get a sound card :/

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I know it sounds stupid, but have you checked that your motherboard indeed has a VIA audio chip? I once got an ASUS motherboard that, on the box, internet, and install discs said it had a VIA audio chip, but actually had a Realtek chip instead. Took forever to figure out.

Have you tried just running Windows Update and see if that can find it?

Chinsane

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Go with aftermarket sound. Onboard sucks. If you can afford it, it's always better to use a card vs. onboard. Both VIA and Realtek aren't that great. VIA just sucks period.

Onboard devices are to get you going. They "work" for most folks who surf the net and such. But for anything outside of that, it just don't cut it.

My $0.02

qwertacious

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
My only problem is, my graphics card is going to make the sound card a tight fit. I am thinking of getting a usb sound card because it might be my only choice, seeing that the sound card will block my graphics card fan :/