Question I have problem with my latency

Dec 14, 2022
So i live in a big house with thick walls. So when i want to use wifi i cant because it doesnt reach the other parts of the house. So i use these Tenda Nova meshes that i placed all around my house i can now use internet everywehere in the house but it is so unstable i did some speed tests and I got these numbers and im not sure about the download and upload latencies. If there is anyone that could tell me if this the problem or if i should try something else.
image.png

That is the trade off. You many times have the choice of no internet or crappy internet provided by the mesh system.

Mesh you now have 2 radio signals so that alone is reducing your bandwidth by half. Then you have 2 signals that can now take interference from both inside and outside your house. In addition unless you buy the very expensive mesh systems that have extra backhual radio chips the unit actually interfere with each other.
These units are just the old generation repeater they have renamed mesh. You know it is now "new and improved", we put leds on it to make it faster :)

There is not real good solution. You can try other placement of the units. They must be cable to get strong signal from the main router and still send good signal to the remote area.

What you might consider is using some other technogy to connect between the main router and the remote units rather than using wifi. Best of course is ethernet but most people that buy repeaters don't have that. The next would be MoCA is you have coax cable in both rooms. MoCa can get gigabit speeds.
If that fails you can consider powerline networks. It won't be massively faster than what you have, maybe you get double but it will not drop as much as a mesh system.

Dec 29, 2022
Latency is affected by several factors: distance, propagation delay, internet connection type, website content, Wi-Fi, and your router. Some of these factors are fixable, while others are just part of everyone’s online experience. So if you’re wondering why your latency is so high, here are some likely culprits.

* [Moderator edit to remove commerical link.]

Last edited by a moderator: