I have problems with my GPU (Gt 730)

Status
Not open for further replies.

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
So today arrived a gpu upgrade for my pc and i uninstalled any amd drivers that i had from my previous card ( radeon hd 5450) and proceeded to plug it in and download nvidia and update the drivers. The installation was sucessfull and i tried running games like PayDay 2 , Gmod , Lol.
And then i moved to more resource demanding games like Gta 5 and Rust.
After loading into one of them my drivers crashed or the screen went completely filled with random colors and meshes (artifacting). Can someone help me fix this issue?
(Link to an image i took with my phone)
https://imgur.com/a/kwPPa

Maybe i have not uninstalled amd correctly becouse i can see some processes in taskmanager maybe they have to do something with it? (aticlxx.exe and atiesrxx.exe) theyre both in system32 tho.

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

It is a used card , and the power supply is off brand 420W LPK12-23 and the card dosen't require any other cabled than the pci slot.
Maybe its a hardware problem or ram problem? No?

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

Currently i don't have another rig i could plug it into so i cant test it. This card was used and the guy who had the card before me said everything was ok with it and he only had more ram in his system and a better power supply. Could my power supply be the case? Because its a really old one and maybe i dosen't supply the gpu and it keeps on crashing?

A 730 is a pretty low power video card, but if your PSU is bad, you can try another one. Really best and only way to rule things out is test the card in another system that can run it to find out if it's the card or not. Unless you want to just buy the PSU and see how things run. If yours is low quality no harm in that at all.

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

Ok so in my free time i opened the card and found out that i have been duped by ching chongs and the card isin't actually a GT 730 and idk what it is but not that. Ive searched and the vRAM is ddr3 1gb but the main chip i have no clue mind helpin me out?
KgKNA

https://imgur.com/a/KgKNA link to imgur(pictures)

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
And because its the wrong card i have the wrong drivers too so that might be the cause for all of this artifacting :^) (ive spent a month trying to figure this pile of poo out and im getting brain anurism help me pls)

If you do a web search for that chip number you will find info about it. It is likely a 730, but really a re-brand of an older chip.

svajisjokubauskis

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

It doesn't require more power than the PCI slot, its a used card, maybe I don't have enough ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.