Question I have screwed up my system partition

Apr 28, 2021
I had installed an ssd on my laptop and cloned my hdd onto it but when I tried to boot from the ssd it was not possible as the ssd was not an option in the boot order.

I select the option boot from efi file and it booted from the ssd so I then saw a forum on Tom's hardware and I deleted system partition on the hdd but when I try to boot from the ssd,these things happen:
1) Select keyboard layout
2)Troubleshoot,turn off
I have data on both the hdd and ssd is it possible to save the data and boot the system. I have included the picture of the partitions and volumes of the SSD
The screenshot

Apr 28, 2021
What did you use to clone the HDD to the SSD?

My first gut response looking at the image is that the software only copied the Windows partition, which won't work. You have to do a complete clone of the drive.
What do I do now then, how do I preserve the data and also clean install? Is it possible to copy all data to hdd without a os?

Apr 28, 2021
No it doesn't boot up. It just goes to please wait then keyboard layout and then the process starts again if I press anything in the recovery. It used to boot from efi file only on the ssd before deleting the partition but it doesn't work now

Last edited: