Question I have Sonic radar 3 working on a non Asus board ?

Sep 20, 2019
Please note - Asus claim the following can't be done.

I recently purchased an Asus Maximus XI hero and installed Sonic radar 3, however after reading issues about the boards deceptive VRM count I returned it and got an MSI Meg Ace Z390. Now here's the funny thing - I just let Windows 10 do a straight driver fix for the MSI board, rather than a fresh install, and to my surprise after I installed the MSI Nahimic audio driver Sonic Radar 3 was working perfectly on an MSI board? That pretty much throws it needing an Asus board out the window. It is worth pointing out though that the MSI board comes with Nahimic 3 that has it's own form of sonic radar, but it's very poorly done and reacts to basically everything.

I should also add that the Maximus board was installed over a previous Z170 board that had sonic radar 2 on it, again just letting Windows 10 sort the drivers out. This point is important as I've been testing what it relies on and uninstalling sonic radar 2 will stop sonic radar 3 working oddly enough.

This is what it MUST have to keep working on my MSI board:

Sonic radar 2
Nahimic audio driver from MSI site for the MEG ACE Z390

Using any other realtek driver will stop it working, although it can be started again by putting the Nahimic one back. Removing Sonic radar 2 will stop it for good and won't be fixed by reinstalling Sonic radar 2, at that point an image recovery is needed.

The problem is - I obviously got this to work in a very roundabout and quite accidental way, since the software was still sitting on my drive. So there must logically be a way to do a fresh install of it on a non Asus board, or at least an MSI Nahimic 3 one, so long as you can get around the pop up saying you don't have the right hardware (which is a lie it seems).

If anyone knows how to pull this off without me having to have two separate OS, one set aside for SR3, and another with a fresh MSI install then I'd appreciate it. I have the working version saved both as a recoverable disk image and installed on a separate drive, but I'd much rather prefer to find a way of putting an install on my main drive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

You need to clean install when you change motherboards so that’s your problem. Do a clean install every time you change motherboard and don’t be lazy

Sep 20, 2019
You need to clean install when you change motherboards so that’s your problem. Do a clean install every time you change motherboard and don’t be lazy

I think you've missed the point of the question. I've made Sonic radar 3 do something that Asus claim is impossible. I'm trying to understand what files/drivers/etc got left on the drive that made it work so I can put it on a clean install.

Jul 27, 2019
For anyone that may have been interested in this I figured it out.

The following drivers will make sonic radar 3 work on an MSI Nahimic Motherboard:

Nahimic3_1.2.4.0_x64

with

SonicRadar3_UWP_3.14.4.0 (install sonic radar by double clicking the APPXBUNDLE exe)

It took forever to figure out, but bottom line is Sonic Radar 3 is NOT an Asus exclusive technology, it can and DOES work with any board that uses the Nahimic audio system. This is Asus, MSI and also some Gigabyte.

It seems to be very sensitive to driver updates and can stop working if you let Windows update run automatically, so disable driver updates. Oddly enough this also effects Asus boards it's meant to run on. The key thing it needs is Nahimic, not an Asus board.

Feb 1, 2021
For anyone that may have been interested in this I figured it out.

The following drivers will make sonic radar 3 work on an MSI Nahimic Motherboard:

Nahimic3_1.2.4.0_x64

with

SonicRadar3_UWP_3.14.4.0 (install sonic radar by double clicking the APPXBUNDLE exe)

It took forever to figure out, but bottom line is Sonic Radar 3 is NOT an Asus exclusive technology, it can and DOES work with any board that uses the Nahimic audio system. This is Asus, MSI and also some Gigabyte.

It seems to be very sensitive to driver updates and can stop working if you let Windows update run automatically, so disable driver updates. Oddly enough this also effects Asus boards it's meant to run on. The key thing it needs is Nahimic, not an Asus board.
Sorry to reanimate this, but as a deaf gamer with an MSI board, I'm going to try this tonight. If this works, you're my new god. Worship incoming.

TRENDING THREADS