I have this weird out-of-sync square on upper-right corner

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Ok, basically it's a GTX 260 connected to my VGA LCD TV by way of a DVI-VGA adapter, with a VGA cable that's apparently missing two pins on one end (both ends are male)

Alright, it's like screen tear, but only limited to this square.

I tried replacing the cable with a new off fresh off newegg complete with full complement of pins on both ends, but noooooo.... the screen acts weird, way worse than it was before. It was like, a greenish scrolling effect.
Went back to old VGA cable, and everything was fine, save for that weird off-sync square in the upper-right corner of my tv...

weird thing is, the new VGA cable works fine on my laptop-to-LCD, but, that was straight VGA to VGA, no adapter involved.

sooooo.... do i need a new adapter? new VGA cable, what is it? I've learned to live with it for now, but i need answers to somehow get rid of this off-sync square.

Massius

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I too have this out-of-sync, magnifying glass looking, flickering square in the upper right corner of the screen problem. Here is my scenario.

Dell XPS 210 with ATI Radeon x1300 Pro (256mb) video card connected to Toshiba 32AV500U HDTV using DVI to VGA adapter with Belkin VGA cable to D-sub 15 pin input on tv. I am running
Windows XP MCE 2002 SP3 utilizing the Media Center to watch DirecTV through my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2 tv tuner.

Thinking that it was the video card I removed it and used the onboard Intel GMA 3000 (256mb) video. This produced the same results and same problem. I tried adjusting all of the tv's pc menu settings and still did not resolve the problem.

Like ChronoBodi, I have learned to live with it, however I just want it to disappear.

Please Help!

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

it seems this only affects HDTVs, not monitors... anyone know for sure?