[SOLVED] I HAVE TO SEND MY PC TO REPAIR AS I DO SO THEY CANNOT ACCESS MY HARD DISK

jesusthekiller

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018
Hello good, the case is that my computer broke, so when I hit the power button, all the LEDs turn on, the fans move, but on the monitor nothing is seen, it does not send a signal (black screen), then I have it What to send to repair because it is covered by the warranty, the case is how I can if I cannot use the computer to protect my data from my hard disk so that those who repair the computer cannot access my personal data thanks for your help.

By the way the computer when it was turned on asked for a password, but I did not trust it because they could take out the hard disk and put it in another computer as a secondary one and they could see my personal data and that does not make me really happy.

Solution
I would not remove the HDD, as they will more than likely boot the PC to verify if it works.

If you have a spare PC, I would backup your PC there, then reset the PC within windows to get rid of everything. Then when you get the PC back you can restore it from that backup.

Macrium reflect can do this
I would not remove the HDD, as they will more than likely boot the PC to verify if it works.

If you have a spare PC, I would backup your PC there, then reset the PC within windows to get rid of everything. Then when you get the PC back you can restore it from that backup.

Macrium reflect can do this

Solution

Joseph57

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
If this pc does not boot up, then you'll probably need to pull out the drive, connect it to another pc and back-up and remove any personal data existing on the drive. Then reinstall the drive and send it in for repair