Question I have trouble with Microsoft helpline; my problem is that got a message saying

Apr 14, 2019
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC17

Microsoft are not very helpful in recovering my password for my windows live mail.
I spent 4 hours following their codes, to no avail.
I would be grateful if someone could help me to recover my passworrd.
Kind Regards
Bob

Mar 31, 2019
See if this helps:

Step 1: Open Windows Live Mail, press “ALT” once you enter it. This will display the menu.

Step 2: Tap on Tools menu and select “Accounts”. This will showcase the accounts dialogue listing all your email accounts.

Step 3: Select the account you wish to change the password to and then tap on “Properties”.

Step 4: When the account’s properties are displayed, click on “Server”.

Step 5: Under the “Mail Server” section, insert the new password you wish to keep. Checking or Un-checking the “Remember Password” button is voluntary.

Step 6: Once you have changed your password correctly and successfully. Click on “OK”, this will apply to the new settings.

Step 7: Tap on “Close” to return to Windows Live Mail

Apr 14, 2019
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC17

Microsoft are not very helpful in recovering my password for my windows live mail.
I spent 4 hours following their codes, to no avail.
I would be grateful if someone could help me to recover my passworrd.
Kind Regards
Bob
Thank you very much for getting my password back
Kind Regards
Bob

Mar 31, 2019
Thank you very much for getting my password back
Kind Regards
Bob
I have seen the "support" systems go from very helpful, to abysmal from outsourcing their "tech". Used to be hands on people helped you, now it is some guy/girl half way around the world with high school education. (not that there is anything wrong with that level of education)