I have Windows 8 and Windows 7 - Which one for my needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hello,

I just ordered all of the parts for my new rig that I plan to build. I have copies of Windows 7 and Windows 8. I have been using Windows 7 for a while and I've only messed around with 8 in VirtualBox. I am trying to decide which one to go with. I am a gamer and and a web developer, meaning I will be running games and all of the Adobe Creative Suite 5 products. Many of the apps are open at the same time and I also use multiple browsers and windows at the same time.

Any advice for me?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and for your help.

Solution
I haven't had any issues with Windows 8 at all with CS6. If your comfortable with the UI changes that Win 8 made I say go with 8. It has a much better kernel in it IMO. For me, once I learned to treat the "Start Screen" as just a glorified start menu I've been much happier with 8. A couple weeks ago I setup a second laptop with Win 7 and it seemed like taking a step back in time, lol.

microbolt

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I haven't had any issues with Windows 8 at all with CS6. If your comfortable with the UI changes that Win 8 made I say go with 8. It has a much better kernel in it IMO. For me, once I learned to treat the "Start Screen" as just a glorified start menu I've been much happier with 8. A couple weeks ago I setup a second laptop with Win 7 and it seemed like taking a step back in time, lol.

Solution

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

I have been reading about it and I think that I am going for it. I hear that it has a lighter footprint that Windows 7. How true is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.