I hear my own voice when watching twitch streams?

shen.matt92

Commendable
Aug 4, 2018
Me and my brother got twitch and xsplit to watch each other play games on steam. we also want to talk while doing this, so we did a voice call on twitch and streamed. whoever is watching the stream, hears their own voice. whoever is streaming doesn't. I looked at the sound mixer in windows 10 and there appears to be two twitch sound bars, one for the voice chat and one for the stream. if I lower the second to zero, I no longer hear my own voice while watching his stream but at the price of muting the stream entirely. theres absolutely no way to not hear my own voice AND hear the game at the same time.

I had a similar issue when I first started using headsets on steam chat. if my brothers volume was too high, id hear my own voice since his earbuds would output the sound to the mic. anything above say, 30, would make us hear our own voices.

so I tried lowering the volume settings on twitch, xsplit and windows and still no success.
again, if i lower the sound enough to not hear myself, then my brother will not be able to hear me in the chat. and if i lower the sound enough to not hear myself in the stream, i wont hear the stream.

i pretty much messed with all the sound settings there are and just spent the last few hours testing streams with my brother and still no fix. i searched the internet for hours and nobody has described the same issue.

the only thing left to try is voice chatting using something other than twitch. i suppose its possible twitch phone chat is intervening somehow.

if i cant find a fix, i dont think ill use twitch or xsplit anymore. not being able to speak to my brother while watching him play is kind of like going to a sports game with your friends and not being able to talk and just sit there in silence. know what i mean? im really glad i only paid for the 3 month membership, they were offering lifetime for 200.

TRENDING THREADS